Rewind & Fast Forward Issue
Zwinggi

I recently moved from DirecTV to Verizon FIOS TV.

I am having difficulty adapting to the rewind and fast forward functions with Verizon. I find that when I press the <PLAY> button during rewind or fast forward, the system actually is ahead or behind about 30 - 45 seconds. I am used to DirecTV where once I pressed the <PLAY> button, I landed exactly at the spot I saw at the time I stopped the rewind or fast forward.

Am I doing something wrong or does anyone have any suggestions. It is really getting to be a PITA.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Rewind & Fast Forward Issue
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You are doing it correct. When people are fast forwarding, most are not quick reflexed enough to hit play directly on the image they need, So we figure that by the time the play button is hit then , more time has passed so it automatically backs it up.

Re: Rewind & Fast Forward Issue
socaljab

Hello Anthony - I'm a two days old convert to FIOS TV and recognize that, unlike satellite service, FIOS is an emerging technology.

HOWEVER, there seems to be a lot of confusion, multiple versions of the truth many episodes of poor technical support on lots of issue we're facing as consumers.

The latest one I have is regarding the ability to Pause, Rewind and Fast Forward LIVE programming on a non-dvr STB.  I was led to believe that if I paid for a MRDVR, I would have the ability to do everything that two separate dvr receivers would do.  I REALLY need to get to the truth on his issue, so I can change my configuration from one MRDVR in the Living Room and one HDSTB in the Den to an HDDVR in each room, if that is what it is going to take to be able to control live programming properly.

I'm getting a lot of flak from my wife on this subject, since she is in and out of the Den frequently while watching either a movie or a baseball game and she is used to being able to frequently use these functions on both TV's when we had a SINGLE Dish receiver.  We are now paying for TWO boxes (MRDVR & HDSTB) and getting LESS control over the programming than we had with Dish and a SINGLE box.

PLEASE let me know what the REAL story is here.  THX

0 Likes