Ridiculous bugs in Fios tv dvr update
saric
Enthusiast - Level 1
since the update:
If I attempt to do a group delete, either it does not work or worse 20% of the time, it will force a system reboot. I keep checking periodically to see if they have fixed it. No luck

10% of programs now have a "no program information found" error when attempting to play back. It appears the file is stored but obviously something is wrong

There is no central bug reporting system and as the phone rep told me, "they don't want to tell people how many problems they are having"
Re: Ridiculous bugs in Fios tv dvr update
rdb4179
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amen.  I have been calling for the last month and posted a post on this fourm.  Instead of fixing the problems, more just appear.  Have you ever had a live program record and while it was recording start to watch it.  Let's say you need to walk away for a bit and it the stop playing button.  When you come back and hit resume play, it jumps to the present time and not where you stopped watching.

Yesterday I found a new bug.  Two programs scheduled to be recorded didn't and was still on my list of scheduled recordings.  Another program was supposted to be recording when I turned on my DVR this morning but it wasn't.  I rebooted the DVR and the two programs jumped from the scheduled recordings to the history which said they weren't recording because the DVR was off, he(double hockey sticks) it was.  Also the program that ws supposed to be recording started to record 45 minutes late after the reboot.

Also the DVR reboots spontanously.

Keep calling them and make a pest of yourself, it is the only way you get any response.

0 Likes