Set top box keeps rebooting...
sirfuller

My set top box reboots itself about 5 times a day. I have no clue why this is happening -- does anyone have any ideas? The set top box worked fine until about two months ago when this started occurring.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Set top box keeps rebooting...
Sidewinder77

The same thing seems to be happening to me, but once a night and it did not always happen. 

The box will go out and show 8888 on the unit's display.  It will be off for 15 to 30 seconds, will come back on but the sound will be very low.  After another 15 to 30 it will turn off again and stay off where the TV will display the message "To watch Verizon... press menu".  When I power it back on the channel will be on the last channel it was on when it was last intentionally powered down, not the channel I was watching when it did this reboot.

So adding to this thread, as it seems the problem I have is very simular to sirfuller's.

0 Likes
beeseel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Tech..  The first support said they will send a new box..    Hooked the new box up...  10 minutes later it rebooted again..  Since then I cannot go half hour without it rebooting..   Next Tech support told me it's a KNOWN issue with HDMI.. and that I cannot use HDMI..    Total FAIL by Verizon..     Make that TOTAL..   It was working fine for months before this issue started..  due to updates with their box..   I will try a secondary lame connection..   for a month..   I will try the HDMI than to see if this KNOWN issue is solved..   if not..    I would suggest doing what I will at that time..   invite Comcast back into your house. 

0 Likes
Bastron
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had an install on March 21.  I switched from Time Warner to Comcast.  As soon as I sat down to watch tv, the box would just shut off and then start back up telling me, "press menu or turn your tv off."  I select menu and the restarting process would happen and cut back on to the last channel I was watching.  I don't watch a heckuva lot of tv, but when Kansas played NC State in the Tourny a couple days ago, CONSISTENTLY, the channel kept restarting!!  It was total nonsense.  I don't know how to stop it.  I called Tech support and I've been on hold for 20min (and counting).  I've read HDMI is a cause of this problem.  But why have an HD box if it can't support HDMI.  Verizon, what say you?

I hope someone answers these concerns.