Strange color bar on FIOS HDTV programming (but not Channel guide or PS3)
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

I have a FIOS HDTV DVR driving a Sharp 42" LCD TV. Tonight while watching TV I noticed a strange bar of colored dots at the top left  of my screen.  The bar of dots goes half way across the screen and is about 1.5" high. The dots are multiple colors and the bar itself is not opaque - the actual TV image does show through it.

The bar only displays when watching TV programs. It shows up on both HD and reguar TV channels.  It does NOT show when I am looking at the program guide. It also does NOT show when my PS3 is driving the TV.

THis suggests either something wrong with my STB or with the FIOS signal itself.  So how to determine which it is?  Has anyone else in southern California seen thie effect?  

I really don't want to call FIOS Tech Support, but maybe this is m best bet.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Strange color bar on FIOS HDTV programming (but not Channel guide or PS3)
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

Well I did call FIOS Tech Support and after going through a few checks the tech decided to send me a new STB. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

Well I did call FIOS Tech Support and after going through a few checks the tech decided to send me a new STB. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

0 Likes
fokrow

I started seeing this same thing a couple of days ago.  I also don't see it in the guide or when I play my PS3 but it's always there when watching TV on every channel.  I guess I'll give them a call.

0 Likes