TV Goes to troubleshooting screen at random
buckonator

Help ! One of my non-DVR boxes in my house goes to troubleshooting mode at random. None of the other boxes in the house display this failure. We have tried resettgint the box several times, and the problem still persists. Since the pattern is so random, it is hard to figure out what may be probem. When the box goes into troubleshooting mode, the only way to get it to come back is to turn it off for a whiel and turn oit back on. Nothing is sitting on the box, so it is getting plenty of cooling air. I have no idea what may cause this would appreciate any help. As I stated, only happening on one box, rest of the system works fine. Box is a Motorola QIP7100/A386/015. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: TV Goes to troubleshooting screen at random
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the signal going out. Resetting the box will not correct this because its a signaling issue. What you will want to do is unscrew the coax cord from both ends that goes from the wall to the set top box. Make sure the tips of the cord are straight and clear of oxidation. Then screw back on. If you are still having troubles, please try using a different coax cord. Those steps will correct this problem the majority of the time. If it does not, please reply back so we can assist further.

0 Likes