This Week's Recordings Disappeared Last Night
JohnCF
Contributor - Level 1

Ok,

This is crap...

Every show I recorded this week to watch this weekend when I have time to watch my shows are now all missing.  They were there last night when I checked to see what I was going to have to watch and now they are gone.

If this is vandalism from striking union employees who want to make trouble to try and force Verizon's hands, this behavior is not going to get it done. 

I guess there is no way to get them back since we are using 1980's technology.

One more incident from the fabulous Verizon making me mad I left Dish Network.

We have to wait month after month for a firmware update to come out in the DC viewing area when other locations already have it and now Verizon is nuking shows off dvrs for no apparent reason.

I will now await the Verizon apologists, fanbois, and the realists to start their commenting.

0 Likes
Re: This Week's Recordings Disappeared Last Night
Justin46
Legend

Have you tried pulling the power plug, waiting maybe 30 seconds, and plugging it back in? If not you might try it, it might help.

Keller, TX 76248

Alisongoldfrapp
Enthusiast - Level 3

@JohnCF wrote:

Every show I recorded this week to watch this weekend when I have time to watch my shows are now all missing.  They were there last night when I checked to see what I was going to have to watch and now they are gone.

I will now await the Verizon apologists, fanbois, and the realists to start their commenting.

Get your tinfoil ready. 

I really doubt Richard Trumka deleted your recordings. If you don't enable the protection flag, your older recordings will be deleted to make room for newer ones.

0 Likes
JohnCF
Contributor - Level 1

Ok so I left off a few details that might help keep the suggestions helpful.  

First off, I am no noob rookie.  I am no stranger to technology and have been using DVRs for at least 10 years from many different makers.  I have even set up my own pc system and software to perform as a DVR for over the air recorded programming.  The current Verizon Motorola DVRs are quite basic and lack functionality other providers added 5 years ago or more.   I have been through every function provided the end user on my particular model and could teach even the most techno-phobic how to use it over the phone.

If you read my original post, you noticed that I said all of last weeks recordings disappeared.  Let me amplify that statement by adding that I have all the week before that and the week before that and so on and so on.  For shows like SUITS, THE GLADES, and BURN NOTICE I have ALL of the episodes for this season previous to last week.

So to summarize, ONLY last weeks episodes, THE NEWEST episodes are gone.  

When I checked the DVR friday night, all the episodes were there and DVR usage was only at 73% so there was plenty of room for more recordings coming up next week.

Most likely, the DVR had a hard drive glitch and dumped the most recent index of drive contents and ran a diagnostic that recovered the index by using a previous backup copy - one that does not have any recordings listed in it from any day after August 7th.

I know it's just tv but I'm paying a provider good money to receive a service.

0 Likes