Transferring my M-cards from my current Tivo to a New Tivo
rjohnson66

I have a Series 3 Tivo with the M-cards and I want to upgrade to a Tivo Premiere.  I know that the cards have to be paired to the new Tivo unit but I don't know what Verizon needs to do for it to happen.  Can I do this on the website logged in??  Do I need to have it done over the phone?  Can somebody please give me some info on the process.  Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Transferring my M-cards from my current Tivo to a New Tivo
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@rjohnson66 wrote:

I have a Series 3 Tivo with the M-cards and I want to upgrade to a Tivo Premiere.  I know that the cards have to be paired to the new Tivo unit but I don't know what Verizon needs to do for it to happen.  Can I do this on the website logged in??  Do I need to have it done over the phone?  Can somebody please give me some info on the process.  Thank you in advance.

I am pretty sure you can hot swap them, and no big deal.    But if it doesn't immediately work then do this.  Install your TIVO, hook it up to the internet first, Do the TIVO updates - and THEN call verizon to activate.   I am pretty sure you can just hot swap it though, but I would definetely do the updates first. 

0 Likes