VZ Customer Service Is A Joke
kringe1

I just spent nearly an hour on the live chat talking to a guy that can barely speak English and he wasn't helpful at all. I'm not able to watch ESPN GoalLine online because it says I need a subscription for it when I already do. It works just fine on my TV.

I told him the channel and he refused to do anything until I googled the channel number for him because he wasn't capable of figuring the channel number out himself. He works for Verizon tech support and he can't figure out how to get a channel number?! He constantly went minutes without saying anything before I had to prompt him and figure out what was going on.

Then, they tell me that the "server team" is going to need to investigate and it will take 24-48 hours and they'll text me when there's an update. This is a sports channel, what is the point of a 24-48 hour fix? The complete disregard for my position is unacceptable, especially when we're talking about a live event.

I demanded to speak to a supervisor and sure enough, he can also barely speak English (he referred to me by my last name?!) and did nothing to help or further explain the situation.

So now I'm supposed to just wait around for a text that my channel might be working? Meanwhile I'm completely missing football for the day.

To top it off, my ticket is filed under "PHONE" instead of TV or internet. I have zero confidence this issue will be resolved any time soon and am completely beside myself with the complete ineptitude and disregard for my service. Not once was I even offered any compensation for not being able to access the thing I'm paying for nor provided any indication that I wouldn't be billed for this outage. Unbelievable.

I didn't think I'd ever see the day that I preferred Comcast customer service to this mess. For a company as large and exploitive as Verizon, not having even remotely competent customser service is shameful and I fully intend on taking my business elsewhere.

0 Likes
Re: VZ Customer Service Is A Joke
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes