Verizon Remote
modena679

So my remote isn't working properly. The batteries are fine, but some of the buttons won't work, in particular DVD, Aux, TV, STB, Guide, Info, and options. 

When any of the other buttons are pressed, STB flashes while the button is being pressed, then some of the buttons stay lit for about five seconds afterwords. 

Any ideas on how to fix this so that my remote can work again?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Remote
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@modena679 wrote:

So my remote isn't working properly. The batteries are fine, but some of the buttons won't work, in particular DVD, Aux, TV, STB, Guide, Info, and options. 

When any of the other buttons are pressed, STB flashes while the button is being pressed, then some of the buttons stay lit for about five seconds afterwords. 

Any ideas on how to fix this so that my remote can work again?

It sounds like the remote is working as it should. Those 4 buttons across the top are the function buttons. They tell the remote which device to send the remote command to. You press one of those 4 function buttons and then every button after that sends the command to the device whose button you pressed. It will also light up the button for whatever function you are in while pressing another button. Anytime buttons are pressed anytime you will get the certain lights in the middle of the remote to light up. If those function buttons are not programmed to your devices, say your TV or DVD player, then pressing those buttons and anything after that wont do anything.  There are certain keys that will only ever control the Set Top Box. Guide, options, and info are some of those buttons. If you have a set top box that does not have an on screen guide, then these buttons will not do anything for you. This is all normal functioning. For more information on your remote as well as help programming it to other devices in your house, please use http://bit.ly/pNIM87 .

0 Likes