Re: Windows Media Center WMC 7 program guide
mickeywires

I'm still without my WMC 7 channel guide. I've set up the tuners 50 time to now avail. I think it's all a grand plan by Verizon to squeeze out us cable card users. I've been a loyal Verizon customer for over twenty years but this is the last straw ... Comcast here I come!

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@mickeywires wrote:

I'm still without my WMC 7 channel guide. I've set up the tuners 50 time to now avail. I think it's all a grand plan by Verizon to squeeze out us cable card users. I've been a loyal Verizon customer for over twenty years but this is the last straw ... Comcast here I come!

Mine is working fine on all 8 tuners. and 5 extenders. Where are you located? Try running the Microsoft Utility again, and make sure you Have ReadyPlay installed. Well my AMD uses ReadyPlay, I'm not sure about Intel. Intel probably has a different version. I have AMD Quad Core WMC Server, 2 Ceton PCIe cards, 2 Echo extenders, X-Box, 2 Windows 7 PCs as MCE with tuners dedecated to them. All working great.

One more thing you may wish to check. Run the Ceton Diagnostic utility Check the first link for testing the installation of the card. When in that window you can go to the tuner web page and look at the status of each tuner.

I know there has been a router firmware upgrade lately. Be sure nothing is being blocked on your network. In my router I have IGMP proxy disabled. I am not sure if that makes a difference. Log into your router and try this link to disable it.

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059

0 Likes
lynnemac130
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thie issue is not with Verizon but with Microsoft and the release of windows 10 which does not include support for WMC. A week ago Microsoft said they were working on it. Microsoft dropped Zapit2 where in for come from. I do think this is unacceptable. If they still support windows 7 they should support WMC. No idea when it will be fixed.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes