fios tv picture freezing up
dms8
Enthusiast - Level 1

My verizon fios picture started freezing up and losing sound. If I juggle channels around I can eventually get the channel back and working again. This is happening daily now. Any simple solutions?

Re: fios tv picture freezing up
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

Check all connections and splitters; make sure they are tightly seated.

KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

dms,

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service. You can also schedule a repair. Here is the link: http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can also find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

TommyHG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have this problem.  The connections are good and "troubleshooting" doesn't help.  I've even traded for a new STB.  It started happening with the software upgrade, and seems to be associated with multiple recordings. For example, if I'm recording two shows and watching one of them (live while it's recording), pausing the show I'm watching freezes the system.  Sometimes juggling the channels helps, but more often than not, the whole thing shuts down and reboots itself, causing the loss of large chunks of whatever I'm watching AND recording. Very frustrating. 

TommyHG
Enthusiast - Level 2

All connections are tight; "troubleshooting" didn't fix the problem.  Again, it started with the software "up"grade and it's the second STB with the problem. TG

prisaz
Legend
Spoiler

Have you tried DVR power off, then DVR power on when on the channel that freezes? Possibly also on non DVR? I know there have been issues reported. We hope img 1.9.1 fixes. I believe it is on the list.

TommyHG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't, but it seem redundant since the thing reboots itself anyway.  TG

sboychuck
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problems. I am only at 30% on my new Motorola box. I have tried new HDMI cables and different inputs on the TV. I have a Panny 65GT30 and when I can watch the TV it is great. When the box locks up it is really annoying. I have tried all of the onboard diagnostics too. It is time for Verizon to admit there is a problem and fix it, or go back to the old interface that was working.

Bigdaddydisney
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having same problem, when is img 1.9.1 coming?  Any date yet?

@prisaz wrote:
Spoiler

Have you tried DVR power off, then DVR power on when on the channel that freezes? Possibly also on non DVR? I know there have been issues reported. We hope img 1.9.1 fixes. I believe it is on the list.

RuddyG
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same exact problem, which again started with the purported software "upgrade." Exchanged DVRs and still the same issue.  This is a FIOS software issue.