>>>NOT SUBSCRIBED OUTAGE IN HARRISBURG PA AREA for Channels >49 all day Sunday. WHAT IS GOING ON???
WantMyTV

WHY DOESN'T VERIZON PUT OUT ANY NOTIFICATION FOR AREAS WITH TV OUTAGE PROBLEMS?  EVERYTHING IS SO AUTOMATED (AND IMPERSONAL AND SLOW AND ALMOST INACCESSIBLE), YET THIS IS LACK OF PROVIDING SERVICE PRBLEM UPDATES IS STILL IN THE STONE AGE. 

0 Likes
>>>NOT SUBSCRIBED OUTAGE IN HARRISBURG PA AREA for Channels >49 all day Sunday. WHAT IS GOING ON???
WantMyTV
0 Likes
Re: >>>NOT SUBSCRIBED OUTAGE IN HARRISBURG PA AREA for Channels >49 all day Sunday. WHAT
WantMyTV

I'M WAITING FOR AN ANSWER.  I TIRED OF PROBLEMS WITH VERIZON.  IF NO ANSWER SOON, I'M CANCELLING.  COMCAST, DISH, EVEN RABBIT EARS ARE BETTER THAN THIS.

0 Likes
Re: >>>NOT SUBSCRIBED OUTAGE IN HARRISBURG PA AREA for Channels >49 all day Sunday. WHAT
ccjs1744
Enthusiast - Level 1

Chris Simon I fixed the 2 tvs that we were having troublw with just now. through their website http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/tv.htm Then click the button for quick fix for DVR or STB it fixed the 2 tvs that were having trouble now all are up and running again. you dont need to log into the site either

nickaprilsmith
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a very similar problem

This is the canned response I received:

Mutum(23:16:49)Verizon has confirmed reports about an outage in your area that may be affecting your FiOS TV service. Our technicians are already working on priority to get this fixed at the earliest, the estimated resolution time not been specified. However, I will go ahead and try to fix this remotely by sending few commands on your set top boxes. In case we still experience the same we request you to reach us after an hour so that we can make necessary changes on the server. We apologize for any inconvenience due to this.

0 Likes
ballzy1

Wow, thanks for the suggestion.  That took about 5 seconds and fixed the problem.  Now why couldn't they have told me that last night when I called???

0 Likes
NwCmbrlndPA
Enthusiast - Level 1
This fixed it for me, thx!
0 Likes
Regent1

This worked for me as well Chris.  Just a few minutes.  Thank you very much for saving me the stress of having to deal with Verizon support.  You made my day! Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
njhess
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are in the Hershey area and our 50 and above channels have been out since early Saturday. I spent a huge chunk of Sat and Sun trying to research this issue. Verizon has sent me in circles both on the phone and on their site. I select a link for technical assistance and it brings me to the general support page. I call the number on the my tv screen to get help and it goes to sales. They send me to another number. That is in Spanish. I go back to site and start again. I did all the resets, restarts, reboots yesterday. Now today the buttons on "quick fixt for STB" page are frozen. When I troubleshoot it tells me that problem should be fixed tonight, but this has been a moving target since Saturday.

What I am most looking forward to is the day we can go to what we want to see on our computer and kiss Verizon goodbye.

0 Likes