intermittent pixelated QIP 7100 multiroom dvr playback
mc1200
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got a multiroom dvr. When watching a program recorded on my dvr using my new QIP 7100 2 box, every now and then a small portion of the video gets pixelated for a second then the video returns to normal. I also have a QIP 7100 1 box. The QIP 7100 1 box does not have this problem. I tried switching HDMI cables. No help. The QIP 7100 2 displays the TV signal perfectly. Only have this problem during dvr playback. Do I have a defective box? If not, why does the 7100 1 play recorded programs without the intermittent pixelation?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: intermittent pixelated QIP 7100 multiroom dvr playback
mc1200
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem ended up being the splitter in the attic. Didn't think the splitter was bad because the signal strengh was very good. Oh, well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mc1200
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is the dvr video sent through wireless to the other stb's or through the coax? The stb I am having the pixelating problem with is the furthest away from the router.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

try this.

reboot the router (multi room goes through the router)

just turn it off, count to ten turn it back on

after you do that, go to your dvr, and click the DVR menu - and look for auto fix common dvr issues (or something to that affect) and let it do the auto fix.  

if that doesn't work, it could be something with the coax cable so I Would try to retighten as many of those spots as I could.  if you find splitters, and you have open and free splitter plug ins, then go to radio shack and get terminators, and close them down.   signal does leak and bleed from unused plug ins like that.

if you have a store near by, try a new router, or call tech support at 1-800-VERIZON.    maybe even try chat support, they are pretty good too.    you get to them by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page that says contact us

0 Likes
mc1200
Enthusiast - Level 2

I changed out the 7100 P2 box. No help. Called tech support. Technician had me go into different menu on the STB to see the signal strength for the dvr playback. Signal strength was good. Technician suggested replacing router. Drove back to Verizon store. Replaced router. No help. Frustrating.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@mc1200 wrote:

I changed out the 7100 P2 box. No help. Called tech support. Technician had me go into different menu on the STB to see the signal strength for the dvr playback. Signal strength was good. Technician suggested replacing router. Drove back to Verizon store. Replaced router. No help. Frustrating.

0 Likes
NNard
Contributor - Level 1

With IMG 1.8 I always had pixelated playback on my non-DVR STB's and hardly ever on the DVR.  Since 1.9 I have a least one pixelation per recording on my DVR as well as the non-DVR STB's.  Is this an issue that Verizon is aware of and working on?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
mc1200
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem ended up being the splitter in the attic. Didn't think the splitter was bad because the signal strengh was very good. Oh, well.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Lets us kmow if you need any further assistance.

Mark

0 Likes