Re: question for people that experience pixelation
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well the in home agent db is the broadcast strength and THAT should be 32 +

the 24 could be normal for something they call out of band snr,  but that from what I understand is for them sending updates, and for cable box communication to the router and things like that, so it won't affect your picture.

So THAT one you find by doing a self diagnostic.   24 to me if I remember right is normal. 

the NETWORK diagnostic I mentioned is the one that affects your picture and that should be 32 +

0 Likes
davelanger
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried doing it the way you said but did not see anything. I just got the SN number.

Does that work for the 1.9 update

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

@tns, is there a native pass through somewhere in the STB?  I only see 720p or 1080i.  I've been using 720p because it's generally cleaner than 1080i on my set.  But I sometimes see horizontal lines jumping slightly (most notably during the Today Show with the middle line in between the two white boxes at the bottom of the screen bouncing slightly).  But it's otherwise rare.

@davelanger, I see pixellation during fast sports motion on my local channels during sports, local CBS, NBC, ABC, etc., because the local stations don't have enough bandwidth (they use it up with all those extra alternative digital feeds, weather, etc.).  I haven't really seen pixellation it on ESPN, for example.  It might be there, but it's very easy to see on my locals.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Turn on the stp/DVR.

Get into the hidden menu by pressing the power off at the box, and then the OK and menu buttons on your remote. If you do this right you will see a screen about Video settings.  Press right on the output setting through each of the settings until you see native.  Then go down and select each of the settings your tv supports.  Note you may have to go down to 1080i/720p first before it allows you to select some of the others.  Turn off the STB, and turn on again and it should be running in Native mode.

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

tns, thanks for the tip, but I can't get into this hidden menu.  When I turn off the STB, it displays on the screen to press menu to turn it on as it should.  I pressed ok and menu at the same time, but nothing happens.  Then I tried pressing ok, then menu.  Again, nothing happens.  But it turns on if I just press menu normally.  I have the 7216 box.  Perhaps your box is a little different or do you have the same box?  This isn't a huge problem for me.  Using 720p in the menu video settings is working better than 1080i on my 1080p set.

0 Likes
StevePhelps
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@BrianC wrote:

tns, thanks for the tip, but I can't get into this hidden menu.  When I turn off the STB, it displays on the screen to press menu to turn it on as it should.  I pressed ok and menu at the same time, but nothing happens.  Then I tried pressing ok, then menu.  Again, nothing happens.  But it turns on if I just press menu normally.  I have the 7216 box.  Perhaps your box is a little different or do you have the same box?  This isn't a huge problem for me.  Using 720p in the menu video settings is working better than 1080i on my 1080p set.

Press ok and then menu one after the other.  Not at the same time.  The timing is tricky enough that you might have to try the whole sequence more then once.  It works on all the Motoroala 7xxxx boxes that Verizon uses. 

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks tns, I found it.  It helps with some of the minor glitches I see, but the delay for the input to switch from 720p to 1080i when changing channels isn't worth minor enhancement to the picture quality on 1080i channels when compared to leaving it set to 720p for me.  Didn't realize there would be that delay.  Thanks though.  Good to know how to get there.

0 Likes
pballash
Enthusiast - Level 1

Attenuators decrease the RF signal. (Like -3db...-12db)

Therefore, you do NOT want to use these unless your signal is way hot. Usually found in al the wrong places for the wrong reasons.

----------------------------------------

Replace barrel on Jack/wall plate. Coax ends or coax run if ate-up/old. Splitters.