remote control volume control issue
jadesparents
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently went through a series of equipment switches.

My initial set-up was a 4-year-old Samsung Slimfit 30" tube tv with the FIOS SD STB (Motorola QIP 2500-3). We recently upgraded to a Samsung 40" LCD TV (Model #LN40530F). About a week after getting the new TV, we finally decided to upgrade to HD service from Verizon, and we now have a new HD STB (Motorola HD QIP 7100 1). Everything is working fine except for a little idiosyncracy that I'm hoping to tweak.

Up until the new HD STB, I was able to simply hold down the volume button on the remote control to adjust the volume level, whereas with the new STB and the new remote (the kind that only has a TV and STB power button at the top, instead of 4 different modes), I have to repeatedly press the volume button to adjust the volume level.

Is there a way to re-program the remote so that I can simply hold down the volume button (as opposed to repeatedly hitting he volume button) to adjust the volume levels? Yeah, I'm lazy 🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: remote control volume control issue
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Tv+ok for two seconds and let them go. Device keys at top will blink. 0729. Your done. 🙂 try it. The newer samsungs seem to like that one

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend
Tv+ok for two seconds and let them go. Device keys at top will blink. 0729. Your done. 🙂 try it. The newer samsungs seem to like that one
jadesparents
Enthusiast - Level 1

Awesome. Fixed it just right. Thanks!

Cmanor
Enthusiast - Level 1
I tried everything in remote manual with no success. So happy I found this thread--worked instantly. Thanks!!!
JPColletti1

The tv code 0729 solves the problem with the Samsung tv voluyme control for the Phillips FIOS remotes, but I can't find the code, if there is one, that works for the Verizon P265 remote.  Anyone know the answer?

0 Likes
alexp94
Enthusiast - Level 2

JPColletti wrote:

The tv code 0729 solves the problem with the Samsung tv voluyme control for the Phillips FIOS remotes, but I can't find the code, if there is one, that works for the Verizon P265 remote.  Anyone know the answer?

Had the same problem as you above. Searched the internet and found the instructions below that worked for me. Good luck and let me know if it worked for you.

"Reprogram the remote. If you have the remote with the AUX and DVD buttons use the 4th code for Samsung TV. On the new remote (P265) use the Samsung code and it is the 4th code also. Press and hold the <OK> and the 0 keys together, and then enter 331. Then press the <CH +> button 4 times, BUT block the the end (IR light) of the remote for the 1st 3 presses. On the 4th press of the  <CH +> button the tv will turn on (or off), wait a few seconds, then press <OKto confirm."

TweetyBird309
Enthusiast - Level 1

This doesn't appear to work with the VZ P265v1.1 remote control.   Do I need to do something different?

Thanks.

0 Likes
kertampa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having the same issue with my new Samsung.  0729 worked perfectly.  Thank you!!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@alexp94 wrote:

JPColletti wrote:

Had the same problem as you above. Searched the internet and found the instructions below that worked for me. Good luck and let me know if it worked for you.

"Reprogram the remote. If you have the remote with the AUX and DVD buttons use the 4th code for Samsung TV. On the new remote (P265) use the Samsung code and it is the 4th code also. Press and hold the <OK> and the 0 keys together, and then enter 331. Then press the <CH +> button 4 times, BUT block the the end (IR light) of the remote for the 1st 3 presses. On the 4th press of the  <CH +> button the tv will turn on (or off), wait a few seconds, then press <OKto confirm."

Thanks! Have been living with this problem with the P265 for several months, finally decided to look for a solution, and you provided it. I really appreciate it! And my wife will love you for it. Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
raster43
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue w/our Samsung 32" bedroom TV was driving me crazy. The suggested solution for the P265 worked on the first attempt. Thanks you !!

0 Likes