set up box unresponsive
earthdracul

My hd set up box is not responding to my remote. (yes, the remote is turned on).  it asks me for a parental control pin, which I have never set up and the only buttons I can actually use are power, and info (which sends me to the parental control question).  I tried using my remote for my dvr and it gave me the same result.  I have tried to reset the box and no such luck. I am unable to see the guide, my DVR info and use menu.  This is very frustrating and just happened when I was watching a playback of a show I recorded.  I was in the middle of my show and it just froze, so I turned off the set up box and turned it back on and I am now stuck with a dead box.  HELP!!!

0 Likes
Re: set up box unresponsive
PJL
Master - Level 3

Have you reset the box? Unplug it or do it from the "My Verizon" web site.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@earthdracul wrote:

My hd set up box is not responding to my remote. (yes, the remote is turned on).  it asks me for a parental control pin, which I have never set up and the only buttons I can actually use are power, and info (which sends me to the parental control question).  I tried using my remote for my dvr and it gave me the same result.  I have tried to reset the box and no such luck. I am unable to see the guide, my DVR info and use menu.  This is very frustrating and just happened when I was watching a playback of a show I recorded.  I was in the middle of my show and it just froze, so I turned off the set up box and turned it back on and I am now stuck with a dead box.  HELP!!!

Almost certainly your STB was updated at that time to the 1.8 level of the IMG (I got the 1.8 level overnight, I am in North Texas, of course I have no idea where you are). Verizon is in the process of distributing the new level and they usually do it between midnight at 6 am or so. What you should have done is just leave the STB alone, it takes quite a while to install the new software, and the STB should work properly once the update is complete. However, now pulling the power from the STB for 10 seconds or so and then plugging it back in should fix it.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
kaverill1
Unplugging doesn't work...
0 Likes