Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Bronze Contributor II
AnnJ
Accepted Solution

credit for Sandy outage

Does anyone have any good method of asking for a credit?  I found one page that says to write to Verizon, but it didn't give an address.  When I went back to that page just now, I got the "bad request" page instead.

I know I could call, but I'm not always in the mood to listen to the Verizon concert.

Is there somewhere I can do it on line?

Any ideas?

Chr
Contributor
Chr
0 Kudos

Re: credit for Sandy outage

I am trying to do the same thing.  I heard you have to call but looked at website just in case there was an easier way.

Copper Contributor
RamblingSid
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I would love to be able to call Verizon and discuss their views on restoration of services and credit on my bill, however it is a tad difficult without a phone service......!!!!!  We live in the woods and have no cell service at the best of times, hence we don't bother with a cell phone.  To use a public call box, hardly the venue you want when you ramp up to yelling mode, would mean standing next to the main road with only your upper body being protected from the elements.  Luckily our library provides  free wifi hence at least I can contact them via the internet.

Bronze Contributor II
AnnJ
0 Kudos

I should have mentioned that I was looking for credit for an outage that happened while I had electricity.  50,000 people in my area lost FiOS just two days ago.

I tried various links to try to request it on line, but they all said "bad request."  So I gave in and called, and - amazingly - my whole call, including waiting for 2 different people, took a total of 7 minutes!

I was transferred to the Billing and Ordering Department, after the first rep who answered confirmed to them that I had a Trouble Ticket.  While I was there, I wish I had remembered to ask if there was some way to request credit on line, but unfortunately, I forgot.  However, I did ask if Verizon was giving credit to people who went without FiOS during the storm because they had no electricity.  I was told that it depended on their Verizon service.  I wasn't able to get a definitive answer.

I'm marking my own question as solved.  I assume that I really will receive this credit on my bill.  I hope you all have good results as well.

Copper Contributor
RamblingSid
0 Kudos

After reading this post yesterday I went through a process and spoke to someone in billing about credit for the outages from Sandy.  Bear in mind I don't have FIOS but I do have telephone/DSL and was told that my bill would be adjusted for the days I am without service.  You dan get to the chatroom via the Support tab.

Copper Contributor
GaryG7
0 Kudos

Did you really get credit for the outage? I've found that Verizon is quick to promise credit but very slow to actually do something. I called right after getting my bill in November. The full monthly amount was charged to my credit card on December 7th, but no credit is showing in my account.

Contributor
roofdeck
0 Kudos

I am in an area where all Verizon services were out due to the storm, Rockaway, NY.  I called Verizon as soon as I could get to dry land on November 5 and they said don't worry, we don't expect you to pay for service until we can get service into the area. When the electric went back on November 19th, I called to ask them if there was service in my area. I was told they would have to come out and the first appointment was Nov. 29th. Then they called on Nov. 24th to say someone was in the area and they could do it. So they spent most of the day running lines and putting in a new box.  Even though the wires are hanging down the front of my house, we are glad to have service. I still have not received a bill so I looked online. It said I owed 2 months and I may lose service due to late payments. So, I called and when I put in my account number it says I owe zero. But when I go through to the billing department, they told me that there is no record of my outage. 

Contributor
sandyts
0 Kudos

My phone service is still out in Hoboken, NJ as I posted last week. I received an email today to view the bill online & there wasn't any reduction. I have made several attempts to submit a repair request online without any success. They know about the outage as I know they were working on it 3 weeks ago. I was able to email Verizon yesterday from the "contact us"  page, I didn't get a reply back.  I hope this helps or I won't be paying for phone service unless I get it back, I'll just pay for my DSL service.

Contributor
roofdeck
0 Kudos

Got my paper bill but it shows the regular billing with no credits for the month without service. I received an email saying my post has been sent for a service rep, but still no notice and now I received a late fee.

KaLin
0 Kudos

roofdeck wrote:

Got my paper bill but it shows the regular billing with no credits for the month without service. I received an email saying my post has been sent for a service rep, but still no notice and now I received a late fee.

In the email you received, there is a link to go to your private support case and interact with the agent, who has responded to your issue and is awaiting your input.

If you no longer have access to the email, click on your username on the forums to go to your profile and scroll down the page until you see a section called "My Support Cases".  The link to your private support case will be there.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411