$45 for a splitter??? Ridiculous!
Bbarrene
I just moved to an apartment that already had the Verizon system (white boxes mounted on wall and wiring) preinstalled from the previous tenants who also had Verizon. I self installed the router and set top boxes and all was working fine except for a few tv channels that were not displaying. I called Tech Support and they could not resolve the issue by phone so they mentioned they would need to send a tech over (though they failed to mention there would be a charge for sending over the technician). I have had techs come in the past at other apartments and I was never charged a technician fee. The tech came and told me all the wiring on the inside was set up correctly and that it must be the wiring on the outside. He went outside, fixed the wiring and came back in to check if it worked. The channels started appearing and he then proceeded to ask if I was going to add another TV to the bedroom. I told him "Yes" and he proceeded to tell me that I would need a three way splitter instead of a two way splitter so he went out to his truck and got it. He replaced the existing two way splitter with the new three way one and placed the two way splitter in his tool bag so I figured he was just swapping them. I just got my bill and see that not only was there a $91 technician fee which I was never told by anyone that I would be charged, but I also was billed a $45 charge for the splitter he replaced. $45!!!!! This splitter must have magic powers because no splitter I have ever purchased cost more than $10. Had the tech told me he would be charging me for the splitter, I would have declined and purchased it on my own. This is what happens when I assume Verizon would let their customers know about the charges that they would be incurring for the equipment and or service they would be receiving. Shouldn't I be allowed to charge the technician for taking the splitter he replaced the new one with? I guess it's back to Cablevision I go along with the second Verizon account I own for my parents' house. I hope my experience helps other customers in the future.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: $45 for a splitter??? Ridiculous!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have closed your private support case due to no response. It seems like the manager did reach out to you and was able to take care of everything based on the notes and you no longer responding. Please feel free to make a new thread anytime you need assistance.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes