AVOID SIGNING BUNDLE CONTRACTS AT ALL COSTS
brensgrrl1
Enthusiast - Level 3

At first, it may seem like a good idea to sign the bundle contract, maybe it seems like a good deal.  But that is only at first.

I watched the cost of my TV/Internet/Home Phone bundle rise from $79.00 to over $170.00 in just two years.  But the very worst thing about it is that when the contract expires if you do not agree to accept a new and more expensive bundle, your only alternative is the disconnect the service altogether.  I have proof of this in writing.  Verizon will not agree to any compromise of any sort.  It is strictly take it or leave it.  They do not care about existing customers at all.  They advertise to rope in more suckers, and they are good at at.  For example, there is a commercial running about internet speed where some poor woman says that her internet is so slow that she'd be better off using the library.  Well, what is not told is that the internet speed starts off really good, but as the end of the contract approaches, you get more and more outtages, router failures and slowdowns until your computer fails to work much anymore.  THE ANSWER?  You MUST BUY A NEW AND MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE INTERNET SERVICE.  But why can't I have the service being advertised to new customers?  The answer is that you are an OLD customer, and OLD customers cannot have economical prices. 

0 Likes
Re: AVOID SIGNING BUNDLE CONTRACTS AT ALL COSTS
karitac

thank you for making me aware 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@brensgrrl wrote:

At first, it may seem like a good idea to sign the bundle contract, maybe it seems like a good deal.  But that is only at first.

I watched the cost of my TV/Internet/Home Phone bundle rise from $79.00 to over $170.00 in just two years.  But the very worst thing about it is that when the contract expires if you do not agree to accept a new and more expensive bundle, your only alternative is the disconnect the service altogether.  I have proof of this in writing.  Verizon will not agree to any compromise of any sort.  It is strictly take it or leave it.  They do not care about existing customers at all.  They advertise to rope in more suckers, and they are good at at.  For example, there is a commercial running about internet speed where some poor woman says that her internet is so slow that she'd be better off using the library.  Well, what is not told is that the internet speed starts off really good, but as the end of the contract approaches, you get more and more outtages, router failures and slowdowns until your computer fails to work much anymore.  THE ANSWER?  You MUST BUY A NEW AND MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE INTERNET SERVICE.  But why can't I have the service being advertised to new customers?  The answer is that you are an OLD customer, and OLD customers cannot have economical prices. 

Not True! I have been a FiOS customer since launch in 2005. If you have a bundle agreement, that locks in your price and there is no way it can rise from $79 to $179 unless you make changes to your services. From everything I have seen, at the end of your agreement they may raise your price $10 a month, unless you wish to change to a different bundle. Happy FiOS bundle customer, bundle after bundle.

So happy, I spend much time reading false claims such as this.

iambatman21
Enthusiast - Level 2

The bundle prices actually are rising, and are NOT the same year after year.  I am letting our contract go, will not renew even for internet only - nobody wants to talk to me about downgrading, so - that said, I'm going to show them that $0.00 is not better than their preference.  

Somehow my $114 bundle ends up over $240 per month.  Taxes, fees, addons, etc....

0 Likes