Annoyed and Frustrated
xxfury2xx

I recently signed up to a two year agreement. During the conversation of setting it up I told the customer service rep that I wanted to keep my current router instead of receiving a quantum gateway. She said that would be OK and no new equipment would be sent to me.

A few days later I received a quantum gateway. Already off to a bad start.I see that there is a return label inside? The only issue is that the box is too large to place inside one of the UPS Drop-Off boxes in my area. This means I will have to spend time and money to get on the metro and make my way to the nearest UPS store, which ironically is right next to the Verizon Store. So I'll just have to drop it off at the Verizon Store.

The next issue is that I was supposed to be getting HBO for $9.99 a month for a year, but after closely looking at the e--mail I received explaining all of my services it showed the HBO offer would be lapsing in May of next year, which is NOT one year from now.

I tried calling customer service and explain these issues to try and figure out why I was sent the equipment and why HBO would expire when it did, and the rep was very unhelpful. All he tried to do was upsell me on more...

The worst part is that I am now getting e-mails and texts to remind me to bring back equipment I never asked for or I will be getting slapped with a nice equipment fee.

It's frustrating to have to go out of my way to return this equipment when I opted to keep the older one. In essence spending time and money in order to continue giving your company more of my money every month. I'll be using the train ride to re-evaluate whether or not to stick with Verizon, since I will still be within the 14 day grace period, and it'll be easy to cancel my account since I'll already be at the Verizon Store.

0 Likes
Re: Annoyed and Frustrated
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi xxfury2xx,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.