Bill from CMR for new drop wire
Scurtis2
Hello,
I recently received a bill in the mail from CMR claims for nearly $300 for a new drop line. I called 811 and had all lines marked prior to digging a posthole, however the fios line was not marked and unfortunately the line was cut about 8 inches into the soil. The technician initially came out and ran a temporary line to the house and said he didn't know why the line wasn't marked. They eventually came out a few days later and installed a proper line in the orange conduit. I called 1 800 verizon about the bill and to inform them that I called 811 and they have a record of that on file, however verizon had no idea what bill I was talking about and told me to disregard the bill and throw it away as it might be a scam. The billing department at Verizon noted that on my file. I called CMR and they told me I have to pay and their records don't say anything about 811 being called and if I don't pay that they will file a civil suit against me! Why on God's green earth would verizon use a third party like this? Is this bill legitimate or is it a scam? Please provide guidance on how to proceed. Thank you.
0 Likes
Re: Bill from CMR for new drop wire
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Scurtis2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Bill from CMR for new drop wire
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

Since we have not heard back from you in some time we are closing out this support case if you still require assistance please feel free to post on your original thread. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes