Billed for equipment not in my possession - multiple calls have proved to be ineffective
scout1846

We moved into a new house in the summer of 2013.  As we had been existing Verizon FIOS customers, we transferred our service.  Once the move was complete, we attempted to set up our system/service at the new house.  This system included a Tivo and its associated Verizon cable card.  After the move, the cable card did not work properly.  We requested that a Verizon technician come out and fix the issue.  The technician showed up and fixed the problem.  He did so by swapping out our cable cards - he took the old one with him and installed a new one in its place.

I didn’t notice until sometime later that the cable card he took with him was still on my account (in other words, we were being charged for 2 cable cards – the removed one and its replacement).  I have called Verizon multiple times to 1) get the “old” card removed from my account and 2) to receive a refund for the months and months of charges to rent a cable card that was no longer in my possession.  Each time I called, I was told that they would work on the problem and get back to me or that I needed to wait until the next billing cycle to verify that the desired changes had taken effect.  Over and over again, I received no call back and / or my bill remained unchanged.  And I was never allowed to speak to a supervisor.  A few weeks ago, I talked to someone who (I *think*) removed the card from my account.   However, I am not sure of this and I have yet to receive a refund for the months of the erroneous cable card charges.

What I did receive, however, was a letter from Verizon’s third party equipment contractor letting me know that I needed to return the removed cable card to them or be charged an exorbitant sum for the item.  The good thing about receiving such a letter is that it indicates that the removed cable card might actually have been taken off of my account.  The bad thing is that it is indicative of Verizon’s inability to listen to its customers and / or communicate with its various offices and third party contractors.  Case in point - I don’t have the equipment they want me to return.  I haven’t had it since the fall of 2013. 

I am tired of calling Verizon during my work day.  I am tired of repeatedly having to rehash all of this over the phone with someone who tells me that they will work on my problem and that it may take a few days / weeks to resolve.  I no longer wish to use the phone to resolve this issue.  I would like to do so via email or some sort of text-based medium.  That way, I have a record of what has been said / promised and, when I have to start over again from the beginning, I can simply cut and paste my past communications.

If anyone is monitoring this board who can assist me with this matter, please respond to this post or email me.

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Billed for equipment not in my possession - multiple calls have proved to be ineffective
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi scout1846,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes