Billing Statement from CMR Claims Department for Drop Wire
NEinMD

Hello, I received a bill in the mail today from Verizon CMR Claims Department for $522.43, under bill number {edited for privacy} and damage claim number {edited for privacy}.  I am posting this message to dispute this bill.

The incident occured on 4/18/2015 while edging my flower bed.  As can be seen from the included picture, the FiOS cable was barely beneath the surface of the ground.  imageI initally contacted Verizon to report the problem, and a technician came out and set up a temporary line, followed a few days later with a permanent installation.

Of course it took numerous phone calls to customer service to accomplish this repair.  Not once was I told there would be a charge, nor should there have been for a cable that was less than 4 inches below the surface.

I've done a bit of research on this and it seems like many other people are running into the same problem with improperly buried cables and excessive repair costs. I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter.

0 Likes
Re: Billing Statement from CMR Claims Department for Drop Wire
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NEinMD,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Billing Statement from CMR Claims Department for Drop Wire
NEinMD

Hi,

I originally posted this message at the forum link below.  I was getting support through the private support area, but my case was closed.  I was hoping that the Verizon Support staff could reopen my case, I have provided my dispute to CMR via registered mail, and twice via email.  I haven't heard back from them yet.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/General-Residential-Products-and/Billing-Statement-from-CMR-Claims-Depa...

0 Likes
Re: Billing Statement from CMR Claims Department for Drop Wire
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NEinMD,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes