Billing dispute upon renewal...customer rep advises me to "cancel service" or change bundle
pc511

Renewed my FIOS Triple Play bundle in June 2012 after receiving promotional offer online for same $89.99 bundle price and upgraded Internet with switch to Digital Voice.  Called Verizon rep to clarify and confirm details.  She confirmed all details and even noted that under the renewal plan I would actually be paying less per month due to fewer taxes on Digital Voice, and in addition I'd be receiving a prepaid Visa as part of the promotion.  Later that day I placed the order and received a confirmation indicating that my bundle price in "Month 1" would be $89.99, and in "Months 2-24" $89.99, with all the features and discounts listed in the promotion and confirmed by the rep.

A few days later I received a Verizon confirmation in the mail, once again confirming a bundle price of $89.99.

In late August I received my FIOS bill with a listed bundle price of $109.99.  I called customer service to alert them to the incorrect charge, and the bundle price was immediately corrected to $89.99.

Now in late September I received my FIOS bill and the same error appeared again.  This time I called and spoke to a rep who informed me that the $109.99 price is correct because a $20 credit on my previous plan had expired on August 10.  When I told him I had documentation showing a renewal price of $89.99 (including confirmation of $89.99 for Months 2-24 of the new plan), he said the documents are wrong because they were generated at a time when my plan was still $89.99.  When I told him my previous bill was amended without any mention of an expiring credit, he told me it didn't matter and that the bill is correct now at $109.99.  

After a back and forth that went nowhere, I asked for clarification from a supervisor, and he told me no supervisor could tell me anything different or allow a credit.  When I persisted, he told me my options were to either "cancel service" or adjust my bundle. 

I called back and spoke to another rep, who said that according to the notes in my account  the previous rep had already explained the situation to me (re: expiring credit).  When I told him that I had documents from Verizon clearly indicating an $89.99 bundle price with credit included for "Month 1" and "Months 2-24", he told me to fax the documents for review.

More than a week later I have received no follow-up from Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Status changed to: In Progress
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes