CMR Bill of $685.92 ?????
Bacchus2b

This is my first post and I would greatly appreciate some assistance.or advice with CMR Claims, the billing agent for Verizon repairs. 

I had a gardener break my FIOS line while planting on April 5, 2014.  I called the Verizon Technical Support line and explained the situation and they told me that because the break happened outside the house "I WOULD NOT BE CHARGED FOR THE REPAIR".  Verizon showed up and ran a new line, then a few days later they came out to bury that line, and at no time did either technician mention I would be charged.

Today I received a bill in the mail for $685.92 on Verizon stationary with a phone number to CMR Claims out of Oklahoma City for "Verizon cost to repair".  I called CMR and there are no customer service people, only collections people.  They didn't care about me or my conversations with Verizon Technical Support, only about collecting the money.  {edited for privacy} offered a 15% discount on the $685.92, but only if I paid immediately over the phone which leads me to believe that she is on commission.  When I asked to speak with a CMR supervisor Marzette told me that if I went that route or if I tried to contact their legal department then I would have to pay the full amount.

My next call was to Verizon Customer Service who is powerless to help because they are notthe ones billing for the repair.  My contract is with Verizon, and I called in for the repair into Verizon who told me I would not be charged, so why are they handing me off to this 3rd party who offers no resolution?  Take a look at CMR's website and you will see that they pride themselves on successful collections. 

Thanks in advance for some advice.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: CMR Bill of $685.92 ?????
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: CMR Bill of $685.92 ?????
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have not heard back form you on this issue, if you have any further question please open a new thread.

Josh B

0 Likes