CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPLAINT
jjsmitty311

I am writing due to the fact that I had an unpleasant experience on Sunday, September 28, 2014.

I recently purchased the NFL Redzone channel approximately 1 month ago. I paid $69.99 for the early bird promotion. I very much enjoyed it!

I then discovered that is it available in the Ultimate package. Therefore, I placed a call last week to Verizon and explained to the agent that I would like to upgrade to the Ultimate package to receive some premium channels AND the NFL Rezone channel that were included in the package. He stated that it made sense since the NFL Redzone was included in the package. He told me that he would refund my original payment of $69.99 and then upgrade me to the Ultimate package.

Well, when I went to watch the NFL Redzone channel the following Sunday and it was not active on September 28, 2014. I missed all of my football games that I was looking forward to. When I discovered that it was not working, I placed a phone call to Verizon and the agent in the Technical department was attempting to assist me by rebooting my box and a few other things. The agent was very helpful and patient. Due to the fact that he was unable to fix it, he transferred me to someone else. The new agent stated that the NFL Redzone was unavailable at this time due to it not being including in the Ultimate package. I informed her that the website indicates that it is. I told her that I typed in my zip code and it has a check mark stating that it is included in my Ultimate package. She then proceeded to “get snippy” with me. In my opinion, she was very rude. I asked why it says it’s included on the website and she just kept telling me that it’s not available. This did not make any sense to me that it was on the site as available. Also, she stated that if I wanted the NFL Redzone that I would have to purchase it for $79.99. I informed her that I paid $69.99 during the early bird promotion and that I had it refunded due to it being included in the ultimate package. She stated that it didn’t matter that I had the early bird special and that I would have to pay the $79.99 if I wanted it. Obviously, this is a moot point since I am entitled to the NFL Redzone in my package. It was just the fact that she was telling me that I had to pay a new higher price after I took advantage of the early bird special. She put me on hold a few times and kept coming back saying the same thing that it was unavailable in my area for the Ultimate package. I told her that the last agent that I spoke to was very helpful and agreed with me that I would be getting a lot more out of the Ultimate package because it included NFL Redzone and some premium channels. After several times on hold, she eventually came back from hold and stated that the NFL Redzone would be added on at no additionally cost. I asked if it’s because it’s supposed to be included and she stated the same response. She would not admit that it was included. She acted as if she was doing me a favor. She informed me that I would have to call on Monday because nobody was working on the Sunday that can help me in this situation. I proceeded to ask her if I would be compensated for the football games that I missed. She stated that she could give me a small amount of money of my bill. I can’t remember what the amount was. But, it was approximately $3.00. I stated that I missed all of my football games that I was looking forward to watching and that I was on the phone for well over an hour. She stated that the $3.00 of was all that she would compensate me for. I feel that under the circumstances that customer service should have been doing all they can to make their customer happy. $3.00 of my bill did not make me happy. Especially, after missing out on something that is very important to me.

The thing that bothers me the most is that she was extremely rude to me. I have been in customer service in the past. I expect to be treated with respect. I am a paying customer that was not getting my services. I missed all of my NFL football games that I was looking very forward to watching. I was on the phone for approximately 80 minutes.

The next day I placed a phone call to resolve this issue. I explained the situation to the agent and she stated that It was not available in my area. Therefore, I had to explain the whole situation again and asked her to review the notes from my previous phone call the day before. This time it went a little more smoothly. The agent on this day put me on hold a few times. While on hold she discovered that the reason my NFL Redzone was not able to be activated was because my old equipment was not received in the Verizon computer system. I recently upgraded to the Quantum equipment and was in the process of returning my old equipment. The agent stated that the computer system showed an open order and they were unable to activate the NFL Redzone until they received my old Verizon equipment. I was able to activate it a few days later once my equipment was received by Verizon. But, not until I waited until the day after I got an email verification stating that the equipment has been received. I had to place another phone call to Verizon’s technical support due to an issue with the activation. The agent was very helpful and I now have NFL Redzone up and running.

I did run into another issue while trying to record more than 2 shows at once. One of the reasons that I ordered the Quantum service was to record up to 6 shows at once. I discovered that some shows weren’t recording due to a scheduling conflict. The quantum DVR was not recording more than 2 shows at once. I placed another phone call to Verizon a few days ago to resolve this issue. The agent stated that I did not have my Quantum service set up. I asked why it wasn’t on and that I ordered it several weeks ago. She stated that she did not know why and had it turned on for me. I asked for compensation due to me missing several shows that weren’t recorded. I expressed my concern for my missed shows that I’ll never see. She put me on hold and stated that I will not be compensated.

I am extremely ungrateful with how I have been treated. I pay a substantial amount of money for these services and believe that I should be treated a lot better than this. I must add that some agents were very helpful and I do appreciate their assistance.

Thank you for your time,

JS

0 Likes
Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPLAINT
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPLAINT
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

My Team would like to look in to all these issues for you

Please follow this link so we can chat live and securely

~Jess

https://collaborateext.verizon.com/aims/aims/SocialMediaSupport.jsp?ID=jjsmitty311Forums

0 Likes