Changed my services without my consent
Auto116

I have to say the customer service at Verizon Fios has been the worst. I had a bundle before 7/2013 that my family and I had no problem with. I saw a commercial regarding faster internet speed for $10 more a month, I called in 7/2013 to add this service for just $10 more a month the rep said they will add and that was that. I noticed we had different channels about 2 weeks later and also noticed my internet speed did not change at all. BUT, I was now being billed an extra $100 a month. I called customer service back in 8/2013 and asked about the internet speed and why my bill is so high and one of my set top boxes was working extremely slow. The rep said the reason why the internet did not change was because the router I had did not support 74 Mbps but not to worry she will send a router and set top box out ASAP. and they also said they would give me a $5 credit because that's all I was paying extra. about 2 weeks later still no router but I did receive a multi room DVR box as a replacement for the HD/DVR box I really didn't think anything of the different box I was sent which I recently found out you only need 1 multi room as the box is $30 a month each and I had 2. I called C.S again and they said the router had been shipped out and I was given a date for delivery. NEVER received the router!! I called back and was told the reason why is because I would have to pay $100 and something for a new router to support the Mbps. That was not going to happen my bill is now up to $250 a month.

Called customer service again to see why and this is when I was told I was being charged $30 for each of my multi room DVR's and several other explanations were given. I said if that's the case send me the box I had and put all my services back to what I had Prior to 7/2013 when I was actually able to afford the bill. That's when I was told that when I called in to add faster internet I must have agreed to a 2 year contract and they cannot see what I had before and If I wanted to switch out the multi room DVR box I will have to pay $20 for shipping to correct their mistake.

I asked if I could speak to a mgr. there was none avail. so I asked if these calls are recorded I want to hear when I agreed to a 2 yr. Contract ,change my package and asked for another multi room DVR box. I was told that they understand my frustration and a rep from this department will call me at 9am the next day. 2 weeks and I'm still waiting for the call. I am hoping that someone can actually help with these issues. I want the services I had before July 2013 and I would also like to hear when I agreed to all the changes that were made.

I am not positive I have the correct email for Mr.. Lowell C. McAdam and staff but I will continue to send my message to as many emails possible until I reach him.

This is very frustrating. I am busy and do not have time to keep calling C.S who does nothing for me.

0 Likes
Re: Changed my services without my consent
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Changed my services without my consent
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Auto116,

We closed your private support case due to you no responding. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes