Complaint against customer service
KentB1
I reported a phone outage on the evening of June 2nd. I was told I would have a service rep to my house on June 4th between 1-5 pm. Fine. No service rep showed up. I called verizon and was told there was an area outage and that no service rep would be coming. I was admittedly angry. I had taken a half day of vacation to get my phone serviced. I waited I hour and 31 minutes to speak to a supervisor. She told me that there was no mechanism to let me know that there would be no service call when it was an area outage. She then implied that I should have known because if I had checked the network interface box for a Dial tone, then I would have known that I didn't need to be there. I told here that my network interface box was a mess with a DSL filter and that I would have to pull more out of that box than I was comfortable with. She told me that my box wasn't that way. At this point I was pretty **bleep** and told her that she could tell me that my box shouldn't be this way, but unless she herself had come out to check the box, that she was wrong. She was essentially calling me a liar. I was hot and I let her have it. She hung up on me. I was hot, I admit, however not being able to call me and tell me that it was an area outage and that I wasn't needed, is ridiculous. Second, to tell me what I saw with my own eyes wasn't true is complete **bleep**. I will be moving my DSL to Cox internet, my wireless to AT&T and canceling my land line as soon as I can make other arrangements. I wasted a half a day of precious vacation because verizon is either unwilling or unable to call a customer to cancel a service call. BTW, I checked the link the texted me to confirm the appointment and it is still open. Somehow this is all my fault. I will be filing complaints and or letters in other venues as well. It's a shame I've been a Verizon customer in some fashion since 1987.

Soon to be former customer
0 Likes