Complaint regarding the Expert Care program
glowhon

I filed a claim and paid my$75 to have a repair person come and look at my 55" Toshiba TV because of problems w/ it freezing up when it got hot.    I was scheduled to have the person come between 1-5p on a Thursday.  They decided to call for a service call at 6am and reportedly left a msg ( I did not answer the phone because I had no idea who would be calling and I had not agreed to have ANYONE come to my house at that time of morning for any reason )!  When I called to find out why they did not show up at the time that we scheduled ( I took off work ), the service told me that he had called and I was not at home!  After several other lies, I called Verizon and asked them to find another service company.  After several attempts they called me back and told me that this was the only service company in the area, so I reluctantly agreed to have them come out the next day.  I had to go to work, so I asked my son to come over and be there when the service person came.

Imagine my suprise when I got home and my 55 " TV was gone.  The service person told him that he was not going to be able to replace the TV and that I would be getting another one, so he took it.  I was furious!  I made several calls to Verizon and also read the Expert Care contract and it clearly states that the service person is to assess the TV and let Verizon know and they would be getting in contact w/ me on what would be done.  With the exception of the first person that I spoke to, the customer service reps from Verizon, were lnonchalant, impatient and made little attempt to resolve my issue . I finally asked for a supervisor and she told me that if  she got my TV back,I would not be getting a replacement TV !!!!  After several minutes of talking about the situation and calls back , she finally told me that she forgot to tell me that they have a buy back agreement w/ the service people.  I wonder why it took 4 people to tell me this?  I think that it was a last minute attempt to pacify me, and I am not buying it.

I feel that the service man came and illegally removed my TV my home and this is pretty much is just like theft.  For Verizon to try to justify it and cover it up is unacceptable and I  need to know who I can contact to let them know about this. 

0 Likes
Re: Complaint regarding the Expert Care program
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi glowhon,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes