Complimentary Movie is not Complimentary
BillKerr1
Enthusiast - Level 3

On March 1st I received a message saying "Choose a movie, No charge".  The fine print said "Offer valid until 3/31/14 for FiOS® TV residential customers renting a FiOS On Demand movie with multi-screen access for the first time. Movie will appear on customer bill with a credit applied for a net charge of $0.00."

I pressed the button "Browse Titles" from the e-mail and chose a movie.  When I completed the process I got a message saying I could watch as often as I wanted for the next 48 hours.   I never saw any option to choose between buy and rent but with the 48 hour message I assumed it was rent.

Today I received my monthly bill and I see I was charged $21.99 for the movie and there was no credit as offered.  I used Verizon Live chat call center to tell them there was an error.  The chat agent said my movie was not covered because I bought the movie instead of renting. 

The chat agent said:

"I am trying to explain that you still have a free rental available on your account. The Lincoln movie you ordered was a purchase, which I am credited $16.00 for the difference between the rental and purchase fee. I cannot credit the full amount because you still have a free moive you can rent."

I tried to take them up on the offer and I read the fine print before I did it.  I don't even understand the response that refunded $16 instead of $21.99.  I think this got incorrectly processed as a purchase.  When I look now there is clear choice with a menu to select buy or rent.  I did not see this when I tried to access the free movie on March 1st

I asked the chat agent to forward this message to someone who could help.  The agent did not do that but instead abruptly ended the chat.  I don't know now if the $16 was credited and I cannot see the next bill for another month.

How can I find someone at Verizon who will follow through with what the e-mail offered -- No Charge?  The rude chat agent was no help.

0 Likes
Re: Complimentary Movie is not Complimentary
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BillKerr,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Re: Complimentary Movie is not Complimentary
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,
Glad that Mitchell was able to assist you in resolving this matter. If you ever need assistance in the future, feel free to create a new thread. 

Thank you,
Amanda_M