Condo association informs us that Verizon has chosen to bypass our community with FIOS installation
slhcrnp
Enthusiast - Level 2

And there is no way to contact Verizon about this.  I live in a lovely community in Southern New Jersey and FIOS has been installed all around us.  We've been waiting for years.  And with the continued silence regarding FIOS I contacted our condo association and our manager stated that he was informed that Verizon has made a decision to avoid our community. 

And today I have also discovered that Verizon is terminating my DSL relationship with MSN premium (I have posted my feedback on this elsewhere).  Feeling TOTALLY disenfranchised here.  We have been loyal Verizon customers for years and years with everything including home phone, DSL and also multiple wireless numbers.  Without FIOS there is nothing available except dialup or COMCAST.  It is now 2012.  What is going on?

0 Likes
Re: Condo association informs us that Verizon has chosen to bypass our community with FIOS installat
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

As addressed in http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/FiOS-in-Hershey/idi-p/351137

The odds are slim if it isn't already available. Verizon has pertty much stopped expanding FiOS in order to fill out their existing areas. Expansion is expensive, and more and more people are slashing "unnecessary" expenses like internet and tv...

Re: Condo association informs us that Verizon has chosen to bypass our community with FIOS installat
slhcrnp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response.  The areas around us all have FIOS - hoping we would be considered as a "fill in" but there is no way to ever find out.  Verizon is a locked impenetrable vault.

0 Likes
owlcatcher
Enthusiast - Level 2

You could start with the local sales office - find out who is the account manager for your area.  Try to get his/her email - certainly get phone # - and email or call every day till you get a response.

I agree, Verizon has cut way back, so it will be tough.

Any idea how many folks in your association want FiOS?  That might help make a difference.

I was the official Pain in The Butt for my association's installation.

Feel free to contact me privately

slhcrnp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks - I'll try my condo manager to see if he can help with this.

0 Likes
slhcrnp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your response.  I wasn't able to access the link you provided though.  This is a really tough problem for us.

0 Likes