Criminally bad customer service and unethical contracts
whistlar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I initiated my service with Verizon in April 2012. I was forced to move from my apartment a few months ago and my new roommates already had internet/TV so I opted to simply cancel my service. I figured there was only 4-5 months remaining on the agreement, so I'd just pay the ETF on that and resume service again down the road.

Instead, I'm being told that a package change I made about a year ago re-upped the contract that I was already under which added another 12 months or so to the ETF and my final bill over $200. I called to dispute this, because I was never informed of this extension when I upgraded, and the customer service representative agreed - submitting for an $80 credit last week. I check my bill again today and the credit has not gone through. I call Verizon and they inform me the adjustment was denied during an audit. Nobody called, nobody emailed, nobody texted to explain this to me. I had to find out on my own. I spoke with a supervisor who advised me that there who informed me that the charge is valid and he would not re-submit for credit. He, like the rep before him, was pretty apathetic to my situation and pretty much tried to brush me off.

Here's my thing... I didn't agree to this contract. I didn't authorize this contract. How is it even legal to re-up a contract while you're barely already under one... let alone how is it ethical to do so? I explained in as simple of terms - either you can re-authorize this contract which will take some of the bad taste out of this experience for me, at which time I will pay the bill promptly, salvaging the possibility that I might return to your company in the future.... OR you can continue disrespecting me as a customer, insist on this extortion of a charge, at which point I will just let it go to collections and settle with the agency for a smaller balance anyway, and take my business to your competitors while bad mouthing your company for the unbelievably terrible customer service I've experienced thus far.

You're a big company, and losing one customer won't break you. I'm simply giving you the choice. Is it smarter to take $120 today or lose $200 (plus hundreds of dollars in future business) tomorrow? What is a customer worth to you?

0 Likes
Re: Criminally bad customer service and unethical contracts
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Criminally bad customer service and unethical contracts
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

whistlar,

Having researched your ETF and providing details on the situation to you, we are now closing your Private Support Case. If you require any further assistance please make a new post.

-Adam

0 Likes