Customer Service
mrinaldo1

My idea is pretty simple. Provide quality customer service, both on the phone, via live chat and in person.  We, like so many were hit hard by  Hurricane Sandy.  Verizon's battery backup box was, like everything else, submerged under water. It's in my living room.   I had originally called and was told it would be 'ok' to just go ahead and plug it in when it was all dried out.  Wrong. I called for service restoration when power came back up and the tech said we could've started fire had we done it.  Also, while that tech was there, he only replaced the battery backup unit and gave us two new boxes, but didn't replace the cables or wires running from verizons box outside, which was under water too, to our phone jax inside the house or any of the cables that run into the house and connect to the cable boxes or modem.  We had no phone service even after power was back and the verizon tech came because the phone jax was also wet  and the cable wire connectors literally broke apart from the salt water.  I called Verizon back and was told,' sorry, I would have to wait another 2 weeks for a tech and I would be charged. Seriously!  Customer service is horrible. I was in a live chat yesterday trying to get someone here to replace the cable wires running into the house, and was transferred 3 times, got frustrated and left the chat.  Customer Service people. It's a small idea but one that would keep me as a customer when my contract is up in just 14 more days! BTW, out of desperation, I grabbed one of the verizon techs off the street after the first one came, and he replaced our jax and phone lines into the house just so we could make phone calls during the height of the aftermath of the hurricane.  It's a shame that Verizon choose to leave us and so many of our neighbors without a lifeline during such a horrible time. It was a safety issues. A quality of life, emergency situation. SHAME ON VERIZON! 14 MORE DAYS TO GO!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
mrinaldo1

First of all, this has not been resolved. Second, I don't know what you're talking about with regards to a  'private support case or documents you requested'.  No one has contacted me outside of what I just found here telling me I didn't respond.  What a joke! First I post my idea about Verizon providing real customer service and that post gets 'moved for better service' to here. Then a reply is posted here telling me I didn't respond to requested information that was asked of me in a private support case that didn't and doesn't exist. Very nice indeed.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mrinaldo

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

If you go there and send the agent a message, it will re-open your escalation.

0 Likes