Customize New Verizon Yahoo Web Page?
Dan_Schumacher
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday, the entire layout of the Verizon Yahoo Home Page suddenly changed.  While I detest the layout and find it to be a major regression in design and capability, I might be able to live with it if I can find a way to customize it a bit.

I absolutely will not accept having the home page accessing my Facebook account to show friend activity without my permission, even if the applet is hosted on the Facebook server!

It would also be nice to get the sports scoreboard back without having to click on two addition buttons.  Likewise for Horoscope.

Anybody figured out how to do any customization?

Regards, Dan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Customize New Verizon Yahoo Web Page?
Dan_Schumacher
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks to a posting in the DSL forum, I found that using my.yahoo.com for the home page worked to bring back the old web page.  And it still has all of my settings.

I will stay with this until they take down that page.  Then I will change my homepage to Google or MSN.

Regards, Dan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Maven3

I concur.  I hate the new page and want my old one back. I, too, would like to know how to do that.

0 Likes
fishon3

I also hate the new landing page layout and wish they would bring the old one back.  The most frustrating thing now is that the new landing page has a "customize" feature that allows me to change the page layout and contents, but it DOES NOT save any of my changes when I hit finish and then do a page refresh.  Does anyone have this issue of not saving your changes?

0 Likes
Dan_Schumacher
Enthusiast - Level 3

fishon,

Where did you find a "Customize" link?  The only thing I can find that comes close is under Settings, but that only applies to search options and not to layout options.

The color is atrocious, and cramming all content into about 60% of the screen so that they can put ads on the sides of subsequent pages are two more of my complaints.

They certainly didn't have user/customer oriented software engineers design this page.

Regards, Dan

0 Likes
Dan_Schumacher
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks to a posting in the DSL forum, I found that using my.yahoo.com for the home page worked to bring back the old web page.  And it still has all of my settings.

I will stay with this until they take down that page.  Then I will change my homepage to Google or MSN.

Regards, Dan

0 Likes