DECEPTIVE PRACTICES BY VERIZON & DIRECT TV (WHY ARE YOU PARTNERED WITH SCAM-ARTISTS!??)
djyoda
Enthusiast - Level 1

http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/DirecTV-Inc-81000357
http://direct-tv.pissedconsumer.com/direct-tv-and-verizon-bundles-beware-20080408117545.html
http://www.ripoffreport.com/cable-tv/verizon-direct-tv/verizon-direct-tv-bait-swi-8df22.htm
http://www.reviewstream.com/reviews/?p=20945

You know what, I was just about to call tomorrow to order Verizon's triple package deal with Direct TV, high speed internet and unlimited phone. AND THANK GOD I CHECKED BBB AND OTHER REVIEWS ONLINE FIRST!!!! Holy crap...Direct TV has an F from the Better Business Bureau...$1.3 Million in civil penalties...TONS of aweful horror stories on all the consumer websites online...wow. Not to mention endless complaints about connection issues. DIRECT TV ARE {please keep your posts courteous}, and there are MANY reports of how Verizon just plays along with their game by not informing customers that, although Verizon has a 30-day money-back guarantee on their services, DIRECT TV ONLY HAS A 3-DAY according to their silent hidden secret "contract" which we apparently never see, hear about or get to sign! Which translates to close to a $500 EARLY CANCELLATION FEE.

Verizon apparently never tells anyone about this and has their reps play dumb about it ({please keep your posts courteous}) when it's brought up to them by these angry customers who were flat-out LIED to...and they just keep telling people to talk to the folks at DTV about it (as if Verizon has no responsibility in the matter). Story after story of people being had and Verizon acting like they can't do anything about it.

This scares me. I currently have VZW service and I suddenly have a whole lot less confindence in you. I mean, why in the hell are you guys partnered with a SCAM operation??? You think contracting out cable service with them and then shifting the blame to them if (or should I say...WHEN)  the customer is screwed over doesn't make you look bad?? **bleep**.

And for my last question: CAN I GET IN WRITING THAT VERIZON/DTV WILL NOT SCREW ME OVER LIKE THIS?

Because if not, then I think it's time for me to start looking into a different wireless co. I think anyone reading this needs to think twice before getting involved with a company who partners with (and stays partnered even after things like this have gone on for YEARS) a horrible company like Direct TV. This really sucks. Totally unacceptable.

DJ

Re: DECEPTIVE PRACTICES BY VERIZON & DIRECT TV (WHY ARE YOU PARTNERED WITH SCAM-ARTISTS!??)
prisaz
Legend

I had Directv for 10 years and loved it. Of course you have to have a clear view to the Sat. Now if you point the dish to the woods in the winter it might work fine until spring when the leaves grow, My neighbor had that one. But overall it was great, I tried Dish Network until the year was over then went back to Directv. As soon as the franchise was awarded for TV on FIOS in my area I jumped on it to save money. Fios has a better picture no matter what anyone says. I was down the street at a neigbors hous with cable TV and they should have been embarased, Snow on the screen. I think they had to be analog on the Milwaukee Atlata game. My eyes hurt, I had to go home. I will not mention the cable company. But have had FIOS TV now for about 4 years and it's great. Don't know what Scams you are talking about. Never had any issues with DTV or Verizon. Now there are many third parties that will set up your DTV and walk out the door with less than a perfict picture. They only care about the install to get paid and if it does not work, they have their money. Call and complain and DTV will get it fixed, and Verizon will do the same. Scams?? Perhaps a third party sales team.

Based on your links, you are talking about LA and CA. Now in MD it's fine. Probably son CA regulation they are having to deal with that causes them to cut corners to deal with added cost of doing business in CA. CA reduced emission dishes?? I'm sorry. Let me say that in advance If you check the BBB and sites here in Maryland you do not see the same things.

0 Likes
Re: DECEPTIVE PRACTICES BY VERIZON & DIRECT TV (WHY ARE YOU PARTNERED WITH SCAM-ARTISTS!??)
whaleburp

Hiya DJ,

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME I HAVE WRITTEN IN ON A ISSUE THAT I FEEL "EVERYONE" SHOULD HEAR ABOUT!

I was reading ur information about so many people getting upset enough to get the BBB involved about VERIZON/DIRECT T.V MAKING IT'S CUSTOMERS Very UN-HaPPy!

I SENT MY BLOG IN 5 MINUTE'S BEFORE I SEEN UR'S AND HAD TO READ IT!  THAN I SEEN THE ONE UNDER UR'S SAYING THAT THEY HAD NO PROBLEM. 

Well they are one in a million and "I WISH THEM LUCK" I myself had another cable company and hated it"H A T E D I T". So i went back to Verizon well i was told about the VERIZON/DIRECT T.V $.99.00 DOLLAR BUNDLE ( I FELL LIKE A ROCK FOR IT) i am about to pay my third bill and not one of them have been under $200.00 Dollars

BUT HEY "I'M FROM MARYLAND"SO MAYBE IT'S ME WHO IS {word filter avoidance}huh!   I LOVE VERIZON but it's getting to the point to where i can't afford them and this's a shame cause i HATE TO SEE THEM LOSE FACE BECAUSE OF SOMEONE ELSE. ..WISHFULL THINKING........BAMBAM320

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Sorry but I had Directv and NEVER bundled it with Verizon. Perhaps that is the difference. I saw no advantage. Even with both situations you would still need to pay for all the extra costs such as STB equipment, taxes and fees.

DTV over $100

Phone Verizon Freedom $65

Internet $55

Add it up and it is well over $200. No bundle.

Now FiOS $109 bundle plus STBs taxes and Fees. $147. Sorry the DTV stuff has been such a pain for you. I started with FiOS double play for under $100 for the faster internet speed, and had DTV for a couple years after.

More than one Vendor there is always finger pointing. I would say perhaps they are both a fault. So I kept it seperate just to let you know where I was coming from.

Jackson1231

Have to give Verizon credit for allowing such negative posts here.  In the past 10 years I have had very little problems with my Verizon phone service.  In the past 3 years I would rate the wireless service an A+.  Direct TV I agree with the BBB, they get an F.  Last year I also received bill after bill that was not correct from Direct TV.  After 9 months of spending an hour each month trying to get the Direct TV fixed I gave up and told them to take the box back and refused to pay any more bills.  I think Direct TV expects people to not pay attention to the bill and just pay.  The BBB was helpful in getting the situation resolved.  I was thinking of signing back up with Direct TV via Verizon but it looks like the service is no better and the deceptive billing continues.  Such a shame and it is surprising Verizon is allowing this problem to continue.

I do know that the TV services are a separate division from the wireless phone but still for Verizon to put they name along the side with Direct TV and all the problems that come along with Direct TV's business practices is disappointing.

Glad I read the posts in advance.  I will just still with my free internet TV and Netflix.

0 Likes
gsettle
I should have listened clearly to all the negative posts I have read about Direct Tv and Verizon bundles. Since signing on in April 2013 I've had nothing but trouble with billing. I still do not know what my monthly bundle charge should be because it changes like the weather. I know I am not receiving the "quoted" price. When I cancelled the free pay stations after free 3 month period I was still charged....I made sure to call in advance of expiration. The agents promise you the moon but don't deliver. I have interrupted reception weekly, my Internet has to be restarted weekly its just not worth the aggravation. Neither Verizon or Direct Tv know what the other is doing....how can they bundle? Now I'm stuck for two years...but mark my words...at the end of two years I am out...will get digital receiver and free channels and go to Internet cafes for service. I am done! PS...Charter Cable is NO picnic either!
0 Likes
Re: DECEPTIVE PRACTICES BY VERIZON & DIRECT TV
MaryRoman

In March 2012 I ordered the bundle package: Direct TV, Verizon Internet and land line for 69.95 (still have the advertisement) and I advised the agent that I was a senior citizen and on a fixed income and couldn't pay too much more.  I expected that the price would go up but was never advised that it would jump to $140.  Can't wait till March 2014 to dump this spectacular bundle deal.  Verizon blames Direct TV and vs versa

Isn't this illegal???

0 Likes