DIRECT LIE about upgrade fee for Quantum Fios TV
kkrtnbch

We currently have Fios TV, internet, and phone. I called today to upgrade from regular Fios TV to the Quantum Fios. The reason I called instead of doing it online was to verify that I understood ALL of the charges and changes that would be made before I decided to do it. The customer service rep verified that my hardware charges would increase by $1 per month total (for 3 DVR's) over what we currently pay. I verifed that the bundle price for the services would remain exactly the same. I also asked, twice, if there were going to be ANY additional charges, like upgrade fees, etc, for making the change. I was told very clearly that I would not incur any other charges. But when I received the confirmation email a few minutes later, it said I would be charged a $35 "upgrade fee". So I called back, and explained the situation to another customer service rep. He said basically that since the other rep didn't make a note of it on the account, I could either pay the fee or cancel the order. I asked to speak to a supervisor who could remove the charge, since I was clearly told I wouldn't have a charge. He said someone would call me back within 30 minutes, but they wouldn't remove the charge. It is now 1 1/2 hours later, and surprise, no one has called. Beware of the lies!!!!!!! If you change your service, make the rep document it and send you an email before you hang up the phone. What crappy customer service. We're thinking of changing carriers.

0 Likes
Re: DIRECT LIE about upgrade fee for Quantum Fios TV
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kkrtnbch,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: DIRECT LIE about upgrade fee for Quantum Fios TV
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep
Hello kkrtnbch, As stated this issue has been resolved in your private support case. Please let us know if you need anything else. -Mitchell
0 Likes