Damage to inground FIOS equipment
laur1e1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I can't seem to find a number to call to report this.  There is a cracked and exposed green inground Verizon FIOS box right behind my townhouse.  It's hard to see since there is a lot of leaves but one corner of the box has been cracked away.  The landscapers that take care of my communities common areas did it with their lawn equipment.  They may have reported it also.

There is a second box that has had the cover removed and not replaced all the way.  The kids have been kicking it off and I can't seem to get it back on all the way.  It may have been off for some time and now the dirt and debris have gotten lodged in the opening from the weather.

Anyway . .  how shall I report the location of these boxes?  Thanks !!

Laurie

Re: Damage to inground FIOS equipment
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service. You can also schedule a repair. Here is the link: http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can also find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
laur1e1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not having any issues with my service.  But Verizon has exposed underground equipment.  Thought they/you might want to know BEFORE it becomes a problem. 

prisaz
Legend

There should be a number like the power company has for downed wires. The bolts were never put in the cover behind my town house, and I find myself placing it back over the hole on a regular basis. I looked today and the cover was gone. 2ft x 3ft 2ft deep hole. Well after walking half the neighbohood looking for where the vandals might have moved it, I found it on the side of a hill under some trees. Perhaps they were sitting on it while they do drugs.

I see no web sight that would help, other than the contact us. http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

Do you think anyone would actually come out and bolt it down if I did call again. I reported it not being bolted down in 2005 when it was installed. Well here is my online chat to repair. YMMV

Chat Subject Other Your Question:In ground box missing cover must constantly be placed back over the LARGE hole. Verizon or contractors never bolted the cover down on the box. SAFETY HAZARD. A Verizon eCenter Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you. Agent Stephanie has joined. (15:10:35) Stephanie : Chat ID for this session is. (15:10:35) This session is being transferred. (15:10:40) This session is transferred to George. (15:10:50) Agent George has joined. (15:10:50) George(15:10:55): Thank you for contacting Verizon FIOS technical chat support. My name is George , we appreciate your patience in reaching us. May I confirm your telephone number as .

At the end of this chat session I will be sending you some basic troubleshooting steps for future reference to your e mail ID by which you can go ahead and troubleshoot minor telephone, video and internet issues yourself.
Mark (15:11:21):  George(15:11:51):
For your account security and to assist you better, please confirm the below mentioned details

1)Name on the account:

2)Complete address:

3) E Mail Address:

4) A good Callback number for future reference
Mark(15:11:51): My service is fine. But I would like to report this and see if it cn be corrected. Mark(15:11:54): In ground box missing cover must constantly be placed back over the LARGE hole. Verizon or contractors never bolted the cover down on the box. SAFETY HAZARD. Mark(15:12:39): Mark Mark(15:12:55): Germantown MD Mark(15:13:11): @verizon.net George(15:13:21): Thank you for confirming all the details, I see that you are contacting us as In ground box missing cover must constantly be placed back over the large hole, am I correct? Mark(15:13:59): The MAIN FiOS trunk line runs though this hole, and it is not properly secured. George(15:14:09): Regret the inconvenience caused. You have reached the right person and I will do my best to get this fixed for you.
x
George(15:14:09): Just to let you know, in case the chat gets disconnected due to any issue at either end, please re-initiate the chat through the same channel or call our FIOS phone support at 800-837-4966, whichever is convenient to you. George(15:14:14): I will cehck this for yu George(15:14:19): *You George(15:14:24): You can also make use of the Verizon In Home Agent for your Windows and Mac computers which is available for download on
www.verizon.net/connect
This software would help you in troubleshooting basic issues that you face with your FIOS services before you contact us.
George(15:14:24): How would you like to be addressed? Is it by your first name or with last name? Mark (15:14:33): Mark George(15:15:04): Thank you Mark. George(15:15:09): This issue requires on-site diagnosis from our technician. Hence, I will arrange for a technician to your place who will fix the issue. George(15:15:14): Could you please allow me 2 minutes so that I can check for the technician availability? George(15:15:29): I see that a technician is available to visit your premise on November 10,2011 between 08:00 am - 12:00 pm George(15:16:04): Do you want me to freeze this time slot for you ? Mark(15:16:09): In home agent will not help with a whole in the ground. I do not need a tech at my house. Just in my neighborhood behind my house to bolt down the cover. George(15:16:29): Okay George(15:16:39): I will send them so that they can fix it at that place. Mark(15:17:02): I see a truck up the street and that is why I thought to look. Ok. thanks. George(15:17:27): Please let me know any two call back numbers that we can contact you on.
Please provide the mobile number (Cell Phone), so that we will be able to send a text message to notify you of when our technician is being dispatched to your home.
Mark(15:18:59): I will not be here, and do not need a tech at my home. The box is on common property behind my house. All a person must do is walk behind my row of houses and they will see the only large in ground service box around. George(15:19:14): oh! Got it George(15:19:24): It was pleasure assisting you.I appreciate your patience and co-operation throughout the chat session. Mark(15:19:32): Thank you George(15:19:37): I will send a tech to fix it George(15:19:42): How was your overall experience with FiOS services? Mark(15:19:49): Great George(15:20:04): Awesome! Your ultimate satisfaction is Verizon's sole objective! George(15:20:04): Was I able to address the issue to your satisfaction today? Mark(15:20:36): As long as someone addresses my concern. Tes. Have a nice day. Mark(15:20:44): Yes George(15:20:54): yes, I have already informed the ground team George(15:21:04): To visit that place and fix it George(15:21:09): By tomoorow it will be covered. George(15:21:14):
I really wish all my customers are like you.

I can grade you 10/10 for being so nice and patience .
George(15:21:24): Do you have any other queries regarding FIOS(data, video and phone) so that I will be glad to assist you with today? Mark(15:21:32): Take care George(15:21:37): You are welcome. George(15:21:37):

Our goal is for you to be completely satisfied with the service you have received and that you recommend us to your friends and colleagues.
prisaz
Legend

PS. Laurie

If you are my neighbor, the other box belongs to Comcast and is the round one. The cover was cracked and busted off at the lock. I was able to put it back over the equipment, but it is not secure. A call to Comcast would be required for them to replace it.

Best Regards

Mark

0 Likes