Disappointed with Overall TV service, also in customer service
PhilSantos1

I have had continous problems with my FIOS tv service since I first signed up in May 2012. At random times service to my living room television starts to skip and go in and out of a black screen. My previous attempts to call verizon to repair this issue did nothing to aleviate the problem. Every time I call it's the same thing, reset your cable box, and on and on. The problem I have is not consistent, which means when I am on the phone with the service reps and they tell me to check my connection status, everything seems ok. When the issue starts to happen sometimes it goes 15-20 minutes of normal television and then all of the sudden it starts to skip again. I've exchanged my cable box hoping that would resolve the problem but it hasn't. I'm not a frequent tv watcher as I am currently a full-time engineer who also is enrolled in grad school, so I do not have the time to constantly follow up and make sure my cable is ok. I pay $150/month for these services and for some reason cannot get the help I need to resolve the issue. As a paying customer I am extremely disappointed with the lack of customer service. Last night I tried to call verizon yet again to try and resolve this issue. After going through the steps with the automated voice to restart my cable box once again and getting no results I was left on hold for 30 minutes without talking to any representative once. I finally hung up and decied to give up. I've posted a video on youtube as proof since no one at verizon believes me about my issue. Here is the link.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKmRt8USZzo

During previous calls I tried to get a tech out to help fix the problem and was told that if they find the problem is not considered to be verizion's fault I would foot the bill for the tech which would be well over $100. Knowing the way these companies all operate trying to pass on every little cost to the consumer, I decided against the tech simply because I did not want to deal with the headache of having to justify the need for a VERIZION tech to come fix a VERIZION problem. In 4 months my contract with Verizon will expire and i couldn't be happier. I have little hope my issue will be resolved, but will make one last attempt at trying to reach out to verizon before I cancel my Verizon bundle along with all my verizon wireless plans.

You can contact me {edited for privacy}. I will send verizon my phone number if I get an email, otherwise there is no sense in leaving in on this forum.

Phil

0 Likes
Re: Disappointed with Overall TV service, also in customer service
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@PhilSantos1 wrote:

You can contact me {edited for privacy}. I will send verizon my phone number if I get an email, otherwise there is no sense in leaving in on this forum.

Just so you know this is a peer-to-peer forum.  You're talking to other Verizon customers here.   Verizon moderators jump in to keep things polite and to remove private information.

Sometimes moderators escalate issues to Verizon support.  Verizon never calls or emails anyone as a result of posts here.  Given your statement about not bothering with the forum, I'm not surprised your issue hasn't been escalated.

Good Luck.

0 Likes