Re: Disconnecting service
ADCoorea

I have had the exact same experience with disconnecting my Verizon services. I disconnected back in May when I moved to another area and am still trying to resolve the bill that Verizon has sent regarding 'unreturned' equipment which I had sent back in June. I have been on the phone with Verizon several times over the past few months in which every time the tech has had a difficult time pulling up my account for whatever reason. Each time I'm on the phone I have to wait until they eventually find the account and then I'm told different things each time. In the end, I still have the charge for the equipment that I returned months ago.

I have been told that it takes "three months' to process this equipment. I think it is absolutely ABSURD that as a loyal, paying Verizon customer for over two years that I have to be charged unnecessarily for Verizon's slow processing times. After being on the phone again today for 30+ minutes, all I ended up with is someone telling me "it should" be credited for next months bill. I just have to wait and see if they are going to get it right this time. I am not usually one to complain about poor service, but this experience has pushed me over the edge. I think it is a terrible way to treat their customers.

While on the phone with the Verizon tech today, I asked to speak to someone so I could voice my frustration about this awful process and she said it was a "45 minute wait to speak with a manager and he would tell me the same thing." I did not have the time or the patience to wait that long (if that was the true wait time or if that's just what they say to deter people from talking to the manager). Consequently, this is the ONLY avenue I found for voicing my complaints regarding my very poor experience with Verizon. There does not seem to be a way to formally submit a complaint on the website (and if there is it is not easy to find).

So if you are planning on disconnecting your Verizon services, beware that it is not an easy process and you may be dealing with an unnecessary bill and poor customer service for months.

0 Likes
tberrie
Absolutely correct. I called on October 1 to disconnect my service. October 20 I had still not received a box to return my equipment so I called back. The rep told me there was no log of my call when Verizon had sent me an email thanking me for my call that day! Then I'm told they'll prorate me for for today... When I cancelled two three weeks ago. This is terrible customer service and what amounts to theft. How do we escalate this sort of issue?!?
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tberrie,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes