Durable Set-top Boxes & Easier to Replace
kathym3
Enthusiast - Level 3

The set top boxes seem to have a high fail rate.  Our 1st one didn't last a year, and now the replacement is misbehaving and I'm sure it'll die on us soon. 

It was a huge pain to get a new one last time.  1st they kept me on the phone for a long time trouble-shooting it.  Even though I explained all the trouble-shooting that I'd already done on my own (power cycle, checked cables, tried it with another tv, etc.), I was asked to walk through those things again.   I already knew it was the stupid box gone bad. 

Then, they insisted on sending a service guy to see for himself, so I had to wait around for a service call and let him in to do the same things I'd already done, and then finally give me a new box. 

So now the new one has periodic problems (like the 1st one did before dying), and I loathe the idea of going through this process yet again.  And will they even replace a box when it appears to be working?  If I explain that it has periodic problems,  will that be enough to get a new one? 

I just wish that this process wasn't so painful...or better yet, thet the boxes lasted longer.  I had Comcast for years and never had to replace a box.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Durable Set-top Boxes & Easier to Replace
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the troubles with your equipment. I have sent you a private message to get more info.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the troubles with your equipment. I have sent you a private message to get more info.

0 Likes
kathym3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, I followed your instructions on sending a message.  Hopefully the process will be easier this time. 

But I do hope that someone is keeping tabs on equipment failure rates and working towards reducing it.  I realize that a business needs to balance the cost of equipment with repairs, but it does also affect customer satisfaction, especially if service solutions are an inconvenience. 

I'll see how it goes, thanks.

0 Likes