Early Termination Fees for Moving to Location with no FiOS
AB_FiOS

Hello!

Back in June 2013, I had signed up for Verizon FiOS Internet. I spoke with the Customer Service Representative and received a confirmation that I would not be penalized (via Early Termination Fee) if I move and the new location doesn't offer FiOS. I checked multiple times that if I cancel my service because they don't offer FIOS that I will not have to pay an Early Termination Fee (ETF). They said that was correct.

In September 2014, I moved into my new home and the new location doesn't offer FiOS. I spoke to many agents and they couldn't find a plan that would fit my internet needs and therefore canceled my connection. I was again told that there will not be any penalty since I am not getting what I signed up for at the new location.

But in October 2014, I received a bill which requires me to pay an ETF and when I call them I am being told that I am required to keep some form of Verizon service. In my case, it's phone service or DSL internet service (which is significantly slower than FiOS) because that's what they offer at my new location. Obviously, this was not what I was told in May 2013 or September 2014. I made sure to by asking multiple times that will not be any ETF. And now they are trying to tell me that I signed up for 2 years with Verizon.

This is definitely not what I was expecting. I have already signed up with another service provider and Cable TV and High Speed Internet. I am being penalized for a mistake that I did not make. Please help me with this before I create multiple forum topics everywhere on the web asking for help and telling everyone to stay far away from Verizon.

I have talked to various customer service agents and their supervisors on phone but none of that has made a difference. I was even told by one of the supervisors that they will inform the Credit Bureaus that I am unwilling to pay my dues. This is not acceptable.

0 Likes
Re: Early Termination Fees for Moving to Location with no FiOS
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AB_FiOS,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes