FIOS Digital Voice Online Features: Why does Xfinity have simple features unavailable with FIOS?
ajvas1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have FIOS' TV/Internet/Phone Packageand switched over from Comcast recently.  I am discovering the many features FIOS offers through their plan.  I find that some of the most interesting and most useful features are the ones that take advantage of collaboration between your phone and internet accounts, TV and Internet, and TV and Phone.

A few things that Comcast offered that I really liked that it seems Verizon should offer as well:

Digital Voice Mail Feature - While FIOS' Digital Voice offers some neat features like simultaneus ringing and listening to your v-mail from anywhere in the world by signing into your account, their was one feature I truly enjoyed with Comcast that FIOS does not seem to support.  I used to have my young nephew call and leave messages (because kids just say the Darnest things or whatever Bill Cosby used to say).  On Comcast, I could save these messages as digital WAV files in an instant, saving the message digitally for archiving into the future.  Why not on FIOS?  It will playback the messages after a few java applets get through, but no easy way to save.  Your COMPETING with Xfinity, why not add this simple feature?

Text Messaging Using your Digital Voice Home #-  Again with Comcast offering the ability to send and receive txt messages for a given period of time when your have the function active on your computer, why can I find no such functionality on FIOS?

I'm sure their are a list of features that FIOS DV offers that Xfinity does not, but I find little use for those features, as does the average consumer I would guess.  So why not put some effort forth to make these features that Xfinity already offers available.  They have a wide appeal and with FIOS' already existing advantages in pricing and Internet speeds, why allow the competition to have these abilities that may make the difference for some consumers when deciding on which service to choose?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Digital Voice Online Features: Why does Xfinity have simple features unavailable with FIOS
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you know that FiOS Digital Voice voice mail can send you an email with messages attached as a .WAV file?  Use the voice mail settings web site to set this up.

Enjoy.

0 Likes