Re: FIOS TV Home Page
jkg3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I HATE the new FIOS home page - how can I disable it permanently?  I know where I want to go when I turn the TV on before it even warms up and then I have to wait extra long to get rid of these ads.

HATE IT!!

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jkg wrote:

I HATE the new FIOS home page - how can I disable it permanently?  I know where I want to go when I turn the TV on before it even warms up and then I have to wait extra long to get rid of these ads.

HATE IT!!

My earlier post mentions it.   To turn it off select menu/ settings/ tv/ promotion disable.

0 Likes
decalr

How do I disable this feature?

0 Likes
decalr

I want to disable Home Page feature.  After settings, I get:  Skip, Replay, Program Chapering, Multi-Room DVR settings, Export Series to Cloud, Default Series Options and Help. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@decalr wrote:

I want to disable Home Page feature.  After settings, I get:  Skip, Replay, Program Chapering, Multi-Room DVR settings, Export Series to Cloud, Default Series Options and Help. 

You must have selected DVR settings by mistake.

0 Likes
decalr

You are correct.  THANKS!

0 Likes
Ladybugaboo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon seems to forget that it's our TV that they are invading. They also seem to have forgotten good manners; that is, ASK FIRST.  By ASK, I mean ask our permisstion before putting something on our TVs.

As for their Customer Service agents, they always act like they don't know what's going on so they are either poorly trained or playing the dumb act.

Don't you just love "Dear Valued Customer"?????  I have been disconnected so many times when I call them that I hardly consider myself a valued customer.  Not once has an agent called me back even though they ask for my phone number in advance.

0 Likes
Ladybugaboo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the "how to".  It worked and I'm at peace again.

0 Likes
ajhere
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. I want to be able to disable Verizon Home Page. It is not how I want to use my TV,  it wastes my time.

VERIZON. You must give me an option to disable this bad feature.

0 Likes
ajhere
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!

I was able to turn off this horrible feature.  There was one level of menus - Notifications in my navigation tree.

Thank you from relieving me from high level of frustration.

Menu - Settings - TV- Notifications - Promotions

0 Likes