FIOS Technician No Show - No Call
kknigh1

I am a 10 year Comcast customer who finally decided I couldn't take it anymore and I planned to jump ship. I setup a FIOS install for yesterday, 2/17/15 with an install window of 11am - 2pm. Now with the inclement weather I would be the 1st to understand if Verizon needs to reschedule but to my surprise I get an automated call at 8am saying that my job is assigned to a technician who will be there between 11-2. Pleasantly surprised at this point. Of course 2pm comes and then I call for an update. I'm told that the tech is running 30 mins behind and should be there within the hour. At 4:30 I call a representative and we are on the phone for 90 minutes while they are trying to reach dispatch to get a status. Needless to say I never get a status and was never contacted to reschedule. As I am writing this I've already re-scheduled the appointment(my initiated call) but I want to go on record in case anyone from Verizon is monitoring this thread. Here are the shortcomings and why I'm upset:

1. I completely understand if you have to cancel because of inclement weather but not contacting me is unacceptable. There is absolutely no reason for someone not to give the customer a call to tell me that we need to reschedule especially if the confirmation call came earlier in the day.

2. No one even called me the next day to reach out and apologize. Again, I initiated every contact with the exception of the automated confirmation call.

3. A re-scheduled appointment should be at the customer's convenience, assuming it was not their fault. I have to take another day off of work for this install and I'm sorry but a $25 credit doesn't even come close to compensating me for my time off. I had a specific timeframe for trying to get a weekend appointment during my re-schedule but I was told there were no openings for 3 weeks. I understand you can't bump other customers but you could add another tech and pay some OT in order to meet the customer's convenience if it were Verizon that screwed up the initial appt.

4. You need to make the various depts more accessible. Why is that I can't contact the dispatch dept on my own? Even your own sales reps seem to have a hard time contacting dispatch outside of the chat system that you use internally.

5. We are not getting the greatest start. If it were not for the horrendous service I were receiving at Comcast I wouldn't be looking at the FIOS product. I was pretty satisfied with cable but if I'm going to be treated the same why bother switching providers. All of these Verizon emails state 'Dear Valued customer' and 'we appreciate your business' but I feel the exact opposite if you can't do something so simple as communicate and commit to an install date.

So 2 vacation days blown and we haven't even gotten started yet. Someone mailed me an extra router which I'm hoping can be resolved/returned pretty quickly once the technician arrives.

Please do better moving forward!

Regards,

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Technician No Show - No Call
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes