HD TV
Mizonglohong

It is complete bologna to charge me $12 extra a month to exchange a box because I got a new TV that has HD!!!!! I can't believe that with the TVs these days that these boxes aren't standard. I was completely happy with the service until now. What a rip off!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HD TV
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Mizonglohong wrote:

It is complete bologna to charge me $12 extra a month to exchange a box because I got a new TV that has HD!!!!! I can't believe that with the TVs these days that these boxes aren't standard. I was completely happy with the service until now. What a rip off!!!!!

Hello,

Do you currently have a standard box and are not paying for it right now because it is (or was) on a promotional offer for free?

A standard box (that provides standard-only programming) is $7.99 per month.  

There is a digital adapter set top box that provides standard programming also (but with no Guide, Info, inability to use On Demand) for $5.99 per month.

The regular box (HD-capable and SD-capable) is $11.99 a month [or LESS if you have another/other HD box(es) or a Multi-Room DVR + HD or SD due to the equipment bundle discount].

Hence, the difference in pricing of going from SD to HD for the initial HD set top box is $3.99 a month (from $7.99 to $11.99)  

However, due to the equipment bundle discount with the MRDVR and/or combination HD STBs, customers with multiple SD STBs can switch out their STBs to HD STBs for close or sometimes the same amount as what they are paying now for their numerous SD STBs.

Essentially, the more HD STBs there are on the account, the less one pays for an HD STB.

Lastly, if you are not presently paying for your standard set top box, you can continue to use it on your new HD TV.  However, if you'd like to use the full HD capabilities of your TV set (HD programming with HD picture quality) then you do need to upgrade your set top box to one that is HD-capable.