HORRIBLE SERVICE: VERIZON's BAD CHRISTMAS
LiverpoolMike
Enthusiast - Level 1

We lost our Verizon home phone, internet and TV on Wednesday, Dec 19th. A service representative showed up to fix the problem on Thursday (Dec 20th) @ 7PM and could not fix the problem. He said a crew would need to come and lay a temp wire on Friday (Dec 21st).  Then the BAD (HORRIBLE) service came: 

1. Verizon sent message saying person would show up on Friday. Nobody showed by noon so we called. A representative said he could see the ticket and a person would be at our house between 2pm and 3pm. Nobody showed. At 4PM we called again. We were told a crew was in the area fixing the problem. We went outside, nobody was in the area. 

2. We wake up Saturday. Still no service. It is now 3 days later. We called Verizon and were told that they would be out that day to fix it. Nobody came out Saturday to fix the problem. 

3. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with an agent  and escalated to a supervisor who lied to me through the entire conversation. She said she could see the ticket, but did not know when they would fix it. She also said she had No way of escalating the situation. After a long conversation, she said they would need to submit a new ticket and the soonest they could come out would be December 26th. Day after Christmas. 

***All of my wifes family is in Europe. No way to talk with them by Skype. No way to talk with them by home phone. We will need to go to friends to call any of our family. 

4. I called another agent and was told the previous agent and supervisor had the ability to escalate to a construction foreman, but given it was now after hours, there was nothing he could do. 

5. We called Verizon on Sunday and asked them if they could arrange (and pay for) a mobile hotspot for our house. We were told by the agent No. There was no way for them to arrange for them to provide a mobile hot spot. Are you kidding??? 

All of our conversation are recorded, so Verizon can go back and listen to how many times we were told people would come out and fix our service. Nobody we talked with @ Verizon ever went the EXTRA mile for us. They were not even willing to help us get alternate service (like mobile hot spot), so we could at least have HOME INTERNET. 

I am not sure there is anything Verizon can do to repair the damage they caused during the holiday. If they would have told me on Dec 20th that our service would not be back online until after Christmas, I had time to get AT&T, Time Warner, Directv, DISH out to get us new service. They lied to us until it was too late to get service until after Christmas when more crews would be available. 

I hope Verizon executives start to pay more attention to customer service. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with any company. 14 years a Verizon Wireless customer, 6 years a Verizon Home (Internet, TV) customer and the customer service is awful!!!!!!!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: HORRIBLE SERVICE: VERIZON's BAD CHRISTMAS
joannepb

I pretty much went through the same thing after Hurricane Sandy.After being lied to for almost a MONTH, we switched over to Time Warner..for everything..just 4 the record..they all lie so you won't leave but in our case a nice rep form Verizon did do something for us but to little, to late, the day TWC was coming to hook us up..our Verizon service came back on...lol crazy..in the end we went with TWC..for now. The customer service for all these places stinks, just a matter of the amount of bull you r willing to put up with...good luck, hope things have resolved by now?? Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes
Re: HORRIBLE SERVICE: VERIZON's BAD CHRISTMAS
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

LiverpoolMike,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes