Horrible Issues With Customer Service
CubicleZombie

I have never in my life received such horrible customer service from a company.  I swear that in order to rectify the screw-ups of my order for my move, I had to call the customer service line NO LESS than 10 separate times, if not more, with a total of at least 9 hours on the phone (more likely 12), quite a bit of it on hold, and most often not during peak hours. 

I had originally wanted my residential triple play service transferred, but was told I could only cancel instead of transfer.  After I was on the phone for an hour discussing the options, I was told that my bill would be $10 less per month than I currently have ($140 instead of $150).  I agreed to it, and was sent a receipt stating that I would be paying $175 a month, which was not what I was told, so I had to call in again, speak to another rep for an hour again, so I could get the same rate as I previously had. 

Later, I wasn't told that I had to turn all my old equipment in; I thought I would just take it with me.  I received an automated email stating I would have to return all equipment otherwise I would be charged for holding onto it.  In order to clarify the situation, I had to call in again, and was on hold for ANOTHER hour, and was told nope, had to turn it in, unless I wanted another needlessly complicated situation by the rep.  And I was told I HAD to ship it in.  I later figured out on my own that I could go to a location to turn in the equipment. 

I had originally wanted the service turned on the weekend of June 7, but was told they could not do weekends, so I scheduled for the 9th.  I called back later, still over 2 weeks out, changing it to the 6th, but was informed that the original rep had lied to me and said I could do it on the weekend.  So I scheduled that.  I got a call back later from another rep saying that it could NOT be done on the weekend, so I changed it again to the 6th this time.  Again, all these calls were at least a half hour to an hour each. 

I found out later that the last customer service rep I spoke with didn't annotate that even though I was cancelling the TRIPLE PLAY package, that the phone was to be cancelled at the same time as the internet and tv.  So, one day before I move and the my service is shut down, do I get a call from customer service saying that Whoops!  Even though the installation was Friday, and it was currently Thursday evening (the 5th of June), because they had in their notes that the phone cancellation was on Saturday (Again, not what was confirmed with the last rep - they were all to be cancelled together), that they hadn't sent out the package with the required equipment.  I was justifiably furious.  I asked them to overnight ship it, and they stated they would.  That did not happen.

I came home from work on Friday evening at 7pm, and did not see the shipment.  I checked the tracking link, and it said it wasn't even shipped. I had to call in yet again to ask the status, only to find *whoops* It hadn't shipped.  Thankfully, this was the first rep who actually followed through on what they said to me, and felt terrible about my situation (as I had, at the time, been on the phone for a combined minimum of 6 hours) and he gave me $20 off each month for a year.  I felt much better that I was actually taken seriously and that perhaps the issues might be over as soon as I got the equipment. 

I finally did get it Monday afternoon and was able to set it up by Wednesday due to some issues with power at the house. After that, I kept having DVR box problems, and was again on the phone for another two hours in 2 days (at midnight, no less!) and it turns out, I had to bring in the DVR to trade it in, because I sure as heckfire was not going to wait another 3 days minimum to get a new one shipped out to me.  Once it was replaced, everything seemed fine. 

Now, I'm having troubles paying my bill online.  Yesterday I spent my entire lunch hour on the phone with a representative who didn't understand my request, and so we went in circles, where he treated me like I was a **bleep**, as if I didn't know how to log in to the site.  I just want to pay my bill online, but my username is still linked to my old account and hasn't been transferred to my new account.  I prefer paying my bills online, and I am unable to do so, because of the inability of customer service to transfer my old account online to my current one.  The representative basically said he'd talk to the web team, but reading between the lines he gave me no guarantee that this would get transferred over.  I have never in my life had such a difficult time with a service.  I do realize that I have had some compensation for the time that I have had to take out of my life trying to get all of these issues fixed, but, in the end, this much effort on my part for this transition is completely unacceptable.

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Issues With Customer Service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi CubicleZombie,

Sorry you are having difficulty paying your bill online. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
CubicleZombie

This has not occurred.  I was sent an email this morning stating that my account was fixed, and for my inconvenience I got a free On Demand movie (which I don't care about).  I want to pay my bill online, but it's still set up with the old account.  If this does not get remedied by today, I will be bringing the entire situation up to the regional president.  This is completely unacceptable.

0 Likes
neveragain2538

VERIZON IS THE COMPANY STRAIGHT FROM HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I HAD TO MAKE A COMPLAINT WITH THE F.C.C. AND THE B.B.B

0 Likes