I am living in a verizon nightmare
hostage1

I am locked in a nightmare with Verizon. One that far exceeds my vision of nightmares. First it is a nightmare to get through to verizon.  Chats can last hours, but it seems that those folks don't communicate with the "offline" folks. Promises are repeatedly made only to be rebuffed by the next agent.  I moved in August.  I had what was to be an overlapping week of service at the 2 addresses.   But that agent neglected to communicate to the "shut off" folks that the service was to stop at the old address on 8/31.  The service started at the new address started on 8/17.  Who could ever have imagined what a disaster that could make.  It took a week just to connect with someone in a "chat", no live contact before that.  And the chat guy made promises - that someone would call me within 24 hours.  I knew that was farce when he made the statement and challenged him on it.  Well surprise, no one ever called.  I have since talked with a number of techs this past week. In the beginning, most could not comprehend the situation.  I was constantly told to call back tomorrow.  Someone finally processed that the old account was to have been closed and put that order in.  All communications from that point were about the old account being deactivated on 9/19. I have called multiple times this week as directed to request that the email service from the old account be "repointed" to the new account.  Every day I was told to call back tomorrow.  Today is the 19th!! So I called this morning so happy to get things straightened out.  But I was told that I had to wait until after 6pm for everything to be done.  The tech gave me a "special " backline number to call so I could avoid being sent here and there and everywhere.  Well that number is out of service at 5PM!!  So I started calling the "ole" 1800verizon number and eventually got through but unfortunately this tech had absolutely no idea what  "repointing" the old email to the new account meant.  The next 10 -15 minutes were wasted as she communicated back and forth via text with  a more senior tech, texting the question, she asking me and then she texting back to him.  It was absurd and he requested absurd answers to secret questions that came from who knows where.  And he has now somehow changed the turnoff date to 9/20!!! Even on the verizon account page the turn off date changed to 9/20.  I couldn't believe it!  And who knows what tomorrow will bring.  It won't bring my email,  which I use professionally and really need it to be up, as that has turned off as promised on 9/19!! Ah Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: I am living in a verizon nightmare
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hostage,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes