In-Home Agent
ract
Contributor - Level 1

In-Home Agent (IHA) doesn't appear to be particularly useful at first glance.  It appears to be for first time Verizon customers or those that know next to nothing about solving technology problems.  Serious technology problems require help from support staff.  However, I would like to explore it more.  The problem I have is that the program won't remain installed.  Every time I click on the icon, I must reinstall the program to use it.  I am using Windows 7.  Any help will be appreciated.

Re: In-Home Agent
tns
Master - Level 2

Not sure why you are having trouble keeping it installed.  It installed fine when I used it on my machine.

But your first opinion was correct it is nearly worthless.  There is only one function that I ever found a use for, but not one that you need it constantly installed and running for.  Also has had a bug which occasional made it drive a processor to 100%.  I have completely uninstalled it (and at least one other function that must be uninstalled to make it stop looking for communication) in order to keep it from eating up resources.

Ian_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

We're sorry for the trouble you've been having trying to use IHA.  We need to gather more information so that we can drill down to the cause of the problem and find a resolution. 

1.  What kind of firewall, security software are you running?

2.  Are you logged in as a user, or administrator?

3.  Which browser is being used for the download?

4.  Which version of Windows7 are you using?

Thanks for your patience regarding this problem, and for giving us the chance to resolve your trouble.

~Ian

0 Likes
ract
Contributor - Level 1

1. Norton 360 Version 5.0

2. Administrator (I am the only user for this computer)

3. Firefox  (The icon and application to install the software was put on the computer by the installer, not downloaded.)

4. Windows 7, SP 1

0 Likes
ract
Contributor - Level 1

This is a follow up to my previous message regarding In-Home Agent (IHA).  I misstated the problem.  The IHA program appears to remain installed.  However, every time I click on the icon, I get a message asking whether I want a program (iHAStarter.exe) to make changes to my computer.  If answered yes, the IHA program opens and reloads all the data and is ready to use.  Anyone know of a way to avoid the need to initiate the starter program every time I want to use IHA.

I am using Windows 7 Version SP-1 with Firefox (the IHA software was put on the computer by the installer, not downloaded) and Norton 360 Version 5.0.  I am the only user for this computer and can make changes as the administrator.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@ract wrote:

This is a follow up to my previous message regarding In-Home Agent (IHA).  I misstated the problem.  The IHA program appears to remain installed.  However, every time I click on the icon, I get a message asking whether I want a program (iHAStarter.exe) to make changes to my computer.  If answered yes, the IHA program opens and reloads all the data and is ready to use.  Anyone know of a way to avoid the need to initiate the starter program every time I want to use IHA.

I am using Windows 7 Version SP-1 with Firefox (the IHA software was put on the computer by the installer, not downloaded) and Norton 360 Version 5.0.  I am the only user for this computer and can make changes as the administrator.

You could change your WIndows security settings, but they are there to protect you. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I think you just have to replace the icon, or change the directory path to point to the actual iha.exe  

I would delete the icon altogether.

and then I would go to the IHA folder (usually c: \ programs \ iha)

and then right click and hit send to desktop or create shortcut. and move it to where you want it. 

It sounds like a bad file path name to me,.  

0 Likes