Installation
saywhat1

When a customer orders Fios for TV, Cable and phone, the customer should have the entire installation completed in one appointment.  Our technician arrived knowing he had to install 6 HD boxes for Fios TV, Internet router box and phone service.  The technician installed the phone and internet and then advised he "had to leave because then he would be on overtime, but there will be another technician than works evenings that will be here shortly and finish the installation."  Well, guess what? No one showed up.  I called the verizon number I was given and they advised that my installation would not be completed on the date it was promised, and it never had any intention of completing it in one day.  The technician lied and was unwilling to finish the job.  He only had another hour or so to go (these were his words); yet he walked away from the job without completing it.

Solution:  be honest with the customer.  If the installation will take more than one day, then say so. The least the technician could of done was at least install one of the televisions and advise that we would have to reschedule the remainder of the installation for the remainder 5 TVs. 

Better solution: don't schedule installations for one residence that can't be completed in one day.  An entire day was wasted waiting on the technician, only to find out that I will have to take another day off from work just to get the installation complete.  And I understand that the activation began on the original date of installation, even though the there is no television service. So I get to pay for service I have not even received.

And talking to someone in Pittsburgh does not help at all. 

Why can't we talk directly to dispatch personnel assigned to our area?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Installation
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning saywhat,

We did not hear from you regarding your private support case and we are closing it due to no response. Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you still need help.

Thanks,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes
Hb6199

Is it possible to speak to rep regarding installation problems. Can not get a date or clear answer regarding this problem 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

What you must do is call 1-800-VERIZON to check on your status.

this is a customer helping customer forum. With occasional assistance from Verizon 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes